Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black and MS Vista

Default Mamba Black and MS Vista

Hi all

I've just purchased Mamba Black software and a dongle, plus a USB DAC from someone on this forum who knew I was looking for some software etc. It should hopefully be with me by the end of next week.

I've also received today a nice new dell laptop. The only thing is that it is running Windows Vista Business Edition. Does anyone know if i'm likely to have compatibility issues trying to run Mamba with Vista? I suspect if there is a problem it will most likely be with the dongle drivers. I realise it's possible to run programs within Vista in compatibility mode but even this method isn't always 100% successful.

Anyway, i'm going to hold on to my old battered but trusty XP Pro laptop for a while longer just till i'm sure it all works.

On a different note, I also received my two pairs of Laser Goggles today. One pair for Red and another pair for blue/green. They are both OD3 and are absolutely superb at attenuating the beam and the spot to a decent level. If anyone is interested in some of these I can probably do a decent price to forum members, i've not received the invoice yet so i'm not sure how much they will be, but I guess it'll be around the £110 mark inc. V.A.T. ( i'll do them as cheap as I can). Bear in mind that 'Bolle' are amongst the best available. I work in Optics and just didn't want to take any risks with my eyes. I'd look pretty stupid amongst my business associates if I burned my retinas out!!

Cheers

Jem

You will just have to suck it and see with Vista.
    Historically MS tend to release the new OS just when most bugs and compatability issues in the current system have been ironed out.
    Let us know how you go on with it.

Jim

I don't know the answer but I do know that in order to run Popelscan under Vista I have to turn off UAC. (Does anyone know a way around that?)

What is UAC?

Jim

Hi Jim

It stands for User Account Control and is used in Windows Vista (AKA User Account Protection in beta versions of Vista).

Basically it's a way in which Windows Vista restricts user accounts, read about it here...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa906021.aspx

WhooHoo.... I've actually answered a question for someone

Pleased I could help you Jim... I'll soon be asking for help with wiring my DT40 Pro's ;-)

Cheers

Jem

No luck with trying to get Mamba Black running under Vista.

There appears to be a problem with the dongle drivers. I've emailed Medialas and hope to hear from them tommorrow. In the meantime if anyone has any (useful) suggestions...

Cheers

Jem

Still waiting to hear from Medialas but.... I've sorted it

For anyone else encountering the same problem you need to download the Rockey 4 dongle drivers specifically for MS Windows Vista. The drivers can be found here...

http://www.rockey.com.my/dl_dongle_rockey4.htm

Cheers

Jem

Damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a problem loading music now, it doesn't seem to want to work. Also at the end of each show playback (on screen) I get a message poping up saying 'Privileged instruction'.

Guess i'll have to wait for a response from Medialas after all.

Maybe the new version 1.72 out on Monday will fix all these problems

Jem

Edit:

Solved the music import - Oops... My fault. Still got the strange message though.
    Last edited by Jem; 03-29-2007 at 12:14.

Did you try turning off UAC?

>>There's a problem loading music now, it doesn't seem to want to work.

No, it's not supposed to work.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html