Thread: Galvo Mirror Cleaning

Default Galvo Mirror Cleaning

I have one of those 15K galvo sets. One of my mirrors is dusty and dirty. I was able to blow some of the dust off with a can of air but it still looks pretty bad. I should probably cover it up when not using it from now on. Anyway, what's the best way to clean these little things? I'm scared that it will break off if I touch it!

Gary aint seen you on MSN recently???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I have one of those 15K galvo sets. One of my mirrors is dusty and dirty. I was able to blow some of the dust off with a can of air but it still looks pretty bad. I should probably cover it up when not using it from now on. Anyway, what's the best way to clean these little things? I'm scared that it will break off if I touch it!
    Damp some lens tissue with acetone or isopropanol. cut the stuff into neat small strips first. Take care with acetone though, don't get any on the glue that mounts the mirror, it will probably dissolve it. Try IPA first. Don't use the same strip twice. Literally ONE gentle swipe per strip, to prevent the risk of scrubbing fine particles that can damage the surface.