Thread: It's a start - which is sometimes the hardest thing to do....

Default It's a start - which is sometimes the hardest thing to do....

This is something I put together a while back and thought I had lost the video after a HD crash - but found it the other day and decided it might be worth sharing with PL.

It's kind-of my first attempt at a beam show and I wanted to do something a little different than the average beams dancing around to a 4/4 or dub-step beat kinda thing - but I am not sure I got the effect I was looking for. Well, at least not from the beam-show perspective - it actually looks pretty awesome IRL and from a slightly different angle with some of the volumetric designs used.

The sin wave marching squares in the beginning lineup pretty well with the acoustic guitar arpeggios, but I need to figure out a better way of keeping them in sync - and well, some of the transitions are a bit, not quite right - but it is a start and was good motivation for learning LSX and trying to figure out how to get decent results with video recording.

And here is a little video of me playing around with one of those ADJ Hypnotic RGB lumia projectors - controlled with touchOSC -> DMX

Last edited by BlueFang; 11-24-2014 at 06:22.

Very nice beamshow . I luv beamshows Nice effects and smooth transitions. Soothing not choppy and stroby. Very enjoyable.

Ooo I like this! Nice job what kind of projector/lasers were you using that purple in the beamshow looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KANG View Post
    Ooo I like this! Nice job what kind of projector/lasers were you using that purple in the beamshow looks really nice.
    Thanks!

It's a Lightspace LEO 1.5w RGB - perfect for living room laser shows... not the latest and greatest red, but is decent enough to learn about all this stuff.

R: 638nm - 300mw
    G: 532nm - 200mw
    B: 445nm - 1000mw

30kpps scanners

The purple in the beginning (the twinkling stars) - is actually not suppose to be purple - I think it is just a side-effect of the non-linearity of attenuation from fade in. I am not sure if this is the case with all red wavelengths, or just the cheap-ish 638nm used in my PJ.

At full intensity, the laser makes a decent "white" beam and colors match up pretty well - it's just at lower intensities the colors are kinda hit-and-miss.