Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin's gone wireless!

Default Pangolin's gone wireless!

It's finally happened - what I'd been waiting for, Pangolin's gone wireless!

From their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PangolinSys...type=1&theater

Unsure if this a Pangolin development being trialled for market by RGB or a spearate RGB innovation. Either way, Pangolin are shouting about it and if RGB are using it, then you'd presume a high level of reliability.

Looks exciting!

Congratulations Hungary rgblasersyteme and Pangolin: http://rgblasersystem.com/products/p...relas-up-to-5w
    Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    It's finally happened - what I'd been waiting for, Pangolin's gone wireless!

From their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PangolinSys...type=1&theater

Unsure if this a Pangolin development being trialled for market by RGB or a spearate RGB innovation. Either way, Pangolin are shouting about it and if RGB are using it, then you'd presume a high level of reliability.

Looks exciting!

Projector runs for two hours off a battery pack ........... mmmmmmmmmmmm now theres an innovation !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

The battery pack is cool but the wireless is just a wireless router in the unit connected to a QM.
    Sounds a bit worrying if you lose signal due to an abundance of mobile phones or hotspots (swamping) in the area.
    If I turn on my RC transmitter I can jam my wifi through swamping if I increase the signal strength really far.

With wifi I noticed you get worse performance on beyond so I wouldn't recommend this myself.
    You'd still need an interlock cable as well.

Perhaps they worked out sollutions? I'd love to hear.

That projector was already showcased at the PLS Frankfurt in march this year...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    That projector was already showcased at the PLS Frankfurt in march this year...
    Any good? (15 characters)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

When you do WIFI on laser you really should have at least one YAGI antenna with short, low loss microwave coaxial cable on one of the WLAN diversity ports. At both Ends. This may involve clamping and aiming the yagis, but it builds up your jam immunity.
    If you could have Two Yagis at each end displaced a multiple of an odd integer number (> then 10) of wavelengths apart, well...

If you don't have YAGIs you should at least install professional, high gain, stacked co-linear antennas.

The antennas on most routers have very poor antenna patterns so the channels can be reused by your neighbor.

At 2.4 Ghz common coax cable has huge losses. At 5.7 Ghz its far worse. One way to reduce this is to mount the router within inches of the YAGI.

This may violate your country's rules on Effective Radiated Power (ERP) but I like the piece of mind.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-23-2014 at 15:36.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Just spoke to the RGB guys at LDI.
    The projector has a QM2000.net inside connected to a router - nothing we can't already do ourselves.

I am too paranoid to use wireless. Was involved with network security for too long, and it's too easy to DOS a wireless router. While that is unlikely, what is more likely is thousands of wireless devices flooding with join requests, or even a handful of wireless devices trying to crack WEP and WPA for "free" wi-fi. All it takes is an increase in latency to delay the ever important emergency kill signal to cause some damage. I'll just live with the inconvenience of wires for now.

But will the cdrh approve a wireless setup
    and you will still need a estop cable so running a db25 along side it doesn't seem too difficult