Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kvant v SwissLas

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    low power single mode diode systems are excellent for show programming.
    This is true but a well corrected multimode diode is not far away from a single mode diode. The price justifies the remaining small difference.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DocEvilLasers View Post
    This is true but a well corrected multimode diode is not far away from a single mode diode. The price justifies the remaining small difference.
    i do my show programing on a projector that tops out at about 300mW. it's got great specs, and i can use it for hours without getting eyestrain.

i'm curious to see your specs and prices.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Sounds like you had some bad experience with manufacturing lasers in Europe by yourself and now you converted into a chinese manufacturing fanboy? Or at least one can read such stories...I don't judge.
    I build over 200 modules in multimode and single mode so yes, you can say i have some experiance. I also build several projectors all with single mode since i aim for a certain quallity. Multimode is just a way to get allot of power with low beamquallity to be able to compete with what china offers for the same price.

I,m a fan of single mode because of the higher quallity beam. You don,t see Kvant or arctos using multimode diodes and that is for a reason If budget is thight and multimode is the choice then why buy a KORE if you can have the same thing from OPT in china for 3 times less. If you want to competitive keep the retail price the same and deliver the KORE series with single mode red.

It totally depends on the brand. For example Arctos has 0.5-0.6mrd and is superthight. Able uses these modules in their projector. But able is more expencive then an Eightonlight.......
    Yes it depends on the brand. I can only talk about my modules and the ones I've already seen.
    I don't want to mention any company's names, it seems like this is your part of our conversation. This is not my way of offending others
    I don,t think Eightonlight or able is offended when i mention here that they have a good price/quallity ratio.

Why do you want to offer single mode if (according to your statement earlier) your multimode is as good as most single modes? Its always a question what the customer wants to pay for it but price is not always the most important thing. What most important is that the customer gets a projector that does fit his purpose. If for example mick plans to do allot of graphics and logo projection you don,t offer a multimode setup since 1.2 mrd isn,t going to do the job. Low mrd will increase the brightness 2x or even more when comparing a 1 watt red/1.2mrd with a 1 watt/0.6mrd so bassically you can go with half the original power wich is allot cheaper since you need less red.
    We will offer KORE with single mode for people who still think that they need single mode diodes in order to achieve good graphic performances (in this range of price, or at least with small additional costs). Maybe these KOREs will also be something for you?
    Nah not really interested, i have my own modules and projectors. I didn,t work my ass off for 5 years for nothing to get what i want

There are still a lot of good reasons to buy lasers in Europe. And within Europe there are some huge differences even in the same price range regarding quality.
    In the higherpower range there is much difference but in the low end market 90% are re-branded projectors coming from china sold by hobbyists wich have a website and a daily job because they can,t make enough profit. They are all sell roughly for the same price to try to beat the marketprice.

It would be helpful Evil if you could post some pricing. One thing that rubs many people up the wrong way is companies that won't openly post prices as it usually means you can get the same elsewhere for less money. Ultimately, if someone is going to compare prices they're going to do it anyway whether they have to request them or not but not posting them simply puts many people off.

I for one won't deal with any company that says contact us for pricing or PM for prices. Just to be clear though, I'm personally not in the market in any event atm.

@swamidog:
    Just have a look at our website. There you will find all information incl. measurement-methods (1/eČ, FWHM, full/half angle).

@edison:
    Why buying European products when Chinese products are cheaper? I would say warranty is a very good reason. What I have heart so far is that dutch companies don't take warranty as serious as other European countries. So I would say this clarifys a lot.
    Furthermore I would say that chinese manufacturers use cheaper materials. Starting with non selected/second hand diodes and ending with Chinese screws, which are commonly known for less solidity and not being stainless steel. Mostly there are the small - not visible from the outside - things which make the difference to European brands. Then of course there are also European brand that use cheap materials, but as stated above, I don't name any companies. That's not my attitude.
    We keep the price on a level where we can say the customer gets the best value for it. We do not need to be competitive to Chinese brands, because we know the difference in quality and service.
    I've already recognized that you have a different opinion. That's OK with me, everyone is allowed to have another opinion.

@White-Light:
    Certainly! Here are the enduser-prices (net - excl. VAT). For special pricings, I ask everyone who is interested to contact me via e-mail.

KORE 3 - € 3575.00
    KORE 5 - € 3900.00
    KORE 7 - € 6500.00
    KORE 10 - € 8450.00
    KORE 12 - € 9750.00

(These prices are from April 2015 - for all later readers, please contact info@evil-laser.com for more recent prices, since I will not update this post!)

Multimode is just a way to get allot of power with low beam quality to be able to compete with what china offers for the same price.
    You keep banging that same old drum. And yet some people know it's not true.
    I suspect you have said it so many times to justify your own goals that you've started to believe it.

Low mrd will increase the brightness 2x or even more when comparing a 1 watt red/1.2mrd with a 1 watt/0.6mrd so bassically you can go with half the original power wich is allot cheaper since you need less red.
    Misleading/misguided statements like this say it all. You ignore the distance factor and beam diameter to suit your own ends.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by DocEvilLasers View Post
    @swamidog:

@White-Light:
    Certainly! Here are the enduser-prices (net - excl. VAT). For special pricings, I ask everyone who is interested to contact me via e-mail.

KORE 3 - € 3575.00
    KORE 5 - € 3900.00
    KORE 7 - € 6500.00
    KORE 10 - € 8450.00
    KORE 12 - € 9750.00

(These prices are from April 2015 - for all later readers, please contact info@evil-laser.com for more recent prices, since I will not update this post!)
    Thanks Evil. I'm sure posting some guideline prices will help stimulate interest. They certainly look very fairly priced on the face of things.

To be fair to Andreas, he didn't join this thread to sell lasers just to join the debate over single mode v multi mode and answer questions regarding the set-up and diodes used in his Kore series of projectors. To be honest most suppliers say 'contact us for pricing' because most are open to doing bundles and deals. It's a very competitive market place. I recently did a deal with pangolin so if you don't ask you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I have a 1.2W 642nm kvant module and it sucks, take that for whatever it's worth
    Would you like to add anything else flecom? I'm interested. Is it one of these 'multi single modes' for want of a better description.

@edison:
    Why buying European products when Chinese products are cheaper? I would say warranty is a very good reason. What I have heart so far is that dutch companies don't take warranty as serious as other European countries. So I would say this clarifys a lot.
    Get your Facts straight. Because one company doesn,t provide service and warrenty (wich is bassically illigal) that doesn,t mean that all companies are the same. RGBLASER and i ALWAYS provided service and warrenty. I even help customers that bought stuff from me 3 years ago.

Furthermore I would say that chinese manufacturers use cheaper materials. Starting with non selected/second hand diodes and ending with Chinese screws, which are commonly known for less solidity and not being stainless steel. Mostly there are the small - not visible from the outside - things which make the difference to European brands. Then of course there are also European brand that use cheap materials, but as stated above, I don't name any companies. That's not my attitude.
    90% of all companies in europe are resellers that sell chinese manufactured projectors. Well established companies like Kvant , arctos , RGBlasersystems use high quallity materials and so they have nothing to hide. Al though it maybe is not your attitude feel free to mention any company,s name that uses bad materials. I,m pretty sure people appreciate transparancy over here

We keep the price on a level where we can say the customer gets the best value for it. We do not need to be competitive to Chinese brands, because we know the difference in quality and service.
    Well although your convinced the average customer only compares mw/euro or usd. So if he can buy a 5 watt RGB for 3500usd with single mode red and less then 1 mrd from Eightonlight or able and you offer a 3 watt for that kind of money he will choose the eightonlight. He doesn,t see the difference unless you educate the customer. Most customers are schoolguys that buy it as a toy and they go what ever is cheapest.

I've already recognized that you have a different opinion. That's OK with me, everyone is allowed to have another opinion.
    My opinion is that single mode is better then multimode and when buying a projector in china you can get that for a very damn good price nowadays. Single mode red is used by all professional companies like Kvant , arctos etc. If your doing things professionally single mode is the way to go. But if mick only wants to do beamshows and close range graphics up till 20meter multimode is fine. But china can do single mode for 3500 euro and more power that is 100% sure.

Misleading/misguided statements like this say it all. You ignore the distance factor and beam diameter to suit your own ends.
    A 1 watt laserbeam in 0.6mrd compared to a 1 watt laser beam in 1.2mrd with the same power and same diameter gives 2-3x the brightness measured on equal distance.

So when both are 5mm at aperture , are the same 1 watt the one with the lowest divergence is the brightest when looking at both beams from the same distance. Not to mention the graphics are way better.........

So a single mode 600mw with the same diameter as a multimode 1.2mrd is equal in brightness if not more seen from the same distance. But the graphics are way better since the spot of a 0.6mrd single mode laser is almost round. On 25 meter a 0.6mrd laser has a spot of 20mm compared to 35 for 1.2mrd. So on 100meter the spot is 80mm versus 140mm.

Hope that makes it more clear.
    Last edited by edison; 04-02-2015 at 15:27.