Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mixed single and multimode

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm going to tackle the kit from DTR at some point and I already bought the mounts but, the way my life goes, that might be a 2019 project. It's just easier and faster to buy something.
    This is exactly my situation! I have 2/3 of a projector in parts on my workbench, waiting for me to get the remaining parts and time to put it all together. For this reason I finally went ahead and ordered a commercially built projector to have something to work with while the project projector is on the bench. Because, you know, once it's built, there will be something else to try... a different set of lenses... a spatial filter... a different beam combination setup... I wanted to have something that just worked that I could use to play with the art-creation aspect of the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Has anyone done a SM module with a pair of each wavelength via a cube?
    That's my plan for stage II of my single-mode project! I figure maybe I will get to it in 2016. ;-)

You could take two of your real tiny modules and cube the output. I have to say the dtr diode bundle is pretty bright for home use.

My next is quad 700mw Ocala, 700mw green, 1.4w 462nm blue. Cube the blue and green then correct. Stack and cube pairs for the red. Dichro the result.
    Should be about balanced 3-4W. This is for beams. My single mode unit is for graphics.

I had also thought not to correct anything and then telescope 3x on the blue green, spatial filter in middle, 2x telescope reds, spatial, dichro combine Think a clean 2W would come out.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Actually, the Nichia site shows 473nm SM diodes, which I would love. I just don't know of anyone selling them.

http://www.nichia.co.jp/specificatio.../NDA4116-E.pdf
    They are out there just damn expensive. 1K+ each and the places I know to get them only want to talk about them if you want a bunch. Give it time though I am sure someone will plop a bunch out at some point for realistic pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    They are out there just damn expensive. 1K+ each and the places I know to get them only want to talk about them if you want a bunch. Give it time though I am sure someone will plop a bunch out at some point for realistic pricing.
    you deserve a medal

seriously

My next is quad 700mw Ocala, 700mw green, 1.4w 462nm blue. Cube the blue and green then correct. Stack and cube pairs for the red. Dichro the result.
    Should be about balanced 3-4W. This is for beams. My single mode unit is for graphics.
    Ok, I've read and re-read this and I still can't figure why you'd want a quad Oclaro red (~2.8W) with 700mW of 520 and 1.4W of 462.
    Also, surely the M462 2W 5.6mm diode is a better bet?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.