Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correcting blue and green diodes at same time with prisms.

F on collimator
    4mm optima

beam size
    ~4X3.5mm Did not take exact measurements on the near field just verified they would fit 5mm scanners.

mrad
    .3X1.4mrad

distance from diode to 1st CV cyl
    About 30-35mm

where did you get this cyls
    from "edison" member here on PL. They are 6X where Dave's are 4X

Many thanks Logsquared,you're so kind
    I also purchased & tested 6x from Thorlabs but these are really expensive..more then 110 USD pair:

https://www.thorlabs.de/newgrouppage...ber=LK1836L2-A
    https://www.thorlabs.de/newgrouppage...ber=LJ1430L1-A

I can get 0,92mrad on a G2 with these 6x, but at 5mm beam (1st cyl @30mm from diode). Have never achieved 4mm @1mrad or less with any combination F2/G2 4x 6x...seems 'optically' impossible at least with P73s

And please one doubt: you, Planters and others are usually going with Optima 4mm instead G2. G2 is also 4mm and more 'popular', so, why? Does Optima have some benefits over G2?

I said that, because techhood on ebay along with o-like are selling 'fake' G2 (f: 4mm) @8-10USD and seems these lenses have only some minimal looses vs 'standard' G2 but works pretty well, and these are a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts please?
    Thanks

I used the EO lenses when the mitsu's first came out too. Dave's lenses are a much better value. Plus his lenses have shorter focal lengths so the whole unit can be smaller.

.9mrad @ 5mm is the best you can get with any lens set.

Optima's are cheaper and have a red specific coating. They work with blue and green diodes very good as well. The G2 seems to produce a ever so slightly better spot with the blue diodes.

I just got some of the fake G2 in the mail yesterday. I am excited to try them out.

Yes! I bought 10 from techhood as well.
    Measurements above were taken with these lens. However, not measured looses vs 'standard' G2 yet.