Thread: APC40 sale

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default APC40 sale

In case anyone is in the market - only a couple days left at $199:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/APC40

I also think this model has been discontinued and replaced by the APC40 MkII which means this may become a more sought after commodity.

I know this would work best with beyond, but have you used it with quickshow and does it pair well?

Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM1973 View Post
    I know this would work best with beyond, but have you used it with quickshow and does it pair well?
    I have got myself a APC40, and are planning to use it with Quickshow. Stright out of the box, no, it does not work well.
    There are some functions that you are able to assign towards the APC40.

There are several threads on PL regarding the topic, and if you use the litte white square in the upper right corner of this site. (Called search) you will se that there are ways of getting it to work. It requires the use of 3.part application like Bome`s midi translator pro (50Euro) , and som effort.

Another member, triplebeamz, another member here are currently working on the mapping, and the progress are published at his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/triplebeamz?fref=ts
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

I just scored an apc40 at guitar center for $149 display. It was their last one. It's mint tho. Had to do layaway but I'll get it soon. Hoping I can get some use out of it with QS before I can afford beyond, which will probably be a long time...

I am in the need for a decent knob box... From what I understand, the APC 40 (orig) doesn't have any software for MIDI mapping of it's controls - it is all hard-coded. Is this correct?

Anyone know about the APC 40 mkii? Does it have the ability to map MIDI parameters, or is it hard coded as well?

When using with LSX - is there a "learn midi command"? i.e. , you twiddle the control you want to assign to a hardware control and it auto-learns the midi CC info (like is pretty much standard with all audio plugin software these days).

I've not tried to use it with Quickshow. Or LSX for that matter. I think as was mentioned, there is some functionality with Quickshow but have not tried anything. I've just used it with Beyond and am really still in the learning phase of trying to like it. I know a lot of people really like it and I'm forcing myself to try and get comfortable with it but, I'm not hooked at this point yet. It seems as though a large percentage of the cues I use get "hidden" when I have to switch the grid to match the APC. I know some of that is simply creating new pages and setting the cues up the way they'll work for me but, it's just a lack of time to do that. Sometimes is easier to still just use the mouse but, I'm trying to remember to turn knobs and move sliders instead.

FYI, there is a new BEYOND workspace available on the Pangolin portal where the grid is resized for the APC40. Same cues as the default workspace, no new content.

Thanks! I'm headed in to work shortly for some "laser play" before work so I'll check it out. (I've got to put prime ribs in the oven for tonight's event and will have like 5 hours to kill after that.)

I don't have any of the Pangolin software, so I am not sure how integrated the APC40 is with their software, but I made a little app that might help people that use other software. It allows you to color-code your clip-launch buttons, and provides simple feedback on the currently playing clip. You can find out more info here:

https://photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apc40lsx2.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	45581

Pretty cool BlueFang!

Pangolin Beyond is the only Pangolin software that supports the (original) APC40 "out of the box", and the APC40 template that comes with Beyond works quite well.
    Pangolin even sells a "skin" for the APC specifically setup for Beyond.

For users of LivePRO and QuickShow, which don't have native support for the APC, I could see where your app could come in very handy if it works with the original APC40!

Thanks for the effort you put into developing it!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....