Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just wanter to say hi

Default just wanter to say hi

I just wanted to say hi and do a quick introduction about my self. I found you guys when doing some research on a cheap ilda galvo set i got from ebay. my name is chris and i am from mid Michigan, I am an electronics service tech and love anything laser. my first laser i bought was from i think MWK industeries that i think is no longer around, it was a 5 miliwatt HeNe built into a tool box to make it portable, at that age i also found out why you cant run a HeNe on ac current and ruined a nice Siemens laser, even though that was over 20 years ago i still have the first working system, I am 39 now and have a hoard of stuff laying around. Unlike other fourms i hope to gain knowlage from you guys. i still need to find a DAC for that galvo. i am going to use a lower powered crysalaser brand dpss greenie. i can mod them to output about 50-80 milliwatts but i think it stresses the diode a bit. one of them has an odd over voltage problem, a number of years ago i had a chance to buy 6 of them
    but anyway thanks for having me

Welcome to PL. Good to have more midwest laser folks here.

Welcome, good luck on your project!

If you like to tinker and really get to the bones of do-it-yourself, you might want to make a sound card DAC.

You can follow a good design schematic or I have kits available.

I'm not far away from you in Akron, Ohio.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I would love to try and build one, i am good at building from plans and good at the hardware side of things, it's software that i have problems, a sound card dac sounds like a neat idea, i would love to take a crack at that!

Look here:

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0

LaserBoy is a nice place to start. It makes wave files of ILDA frame sets.

Plus it does a lot of other neat things!

It's free.

You can also use a sound card DAC with many other applications that support it.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Welcome to PL! You will find lots of folks doing all sorts of different things with lasers here... don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck on a project.

Welcome to PL. You'll find that this a very helpful forum. The people here are very intelligent and have considerable technical expertise. Tons of information already in the past threads.

Hey welcome to the magical world that is PL!
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

run!

run far!
    run fast!

your wallet will thank you.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.