Thread: DMX Chase Level Control - Pangoscript help?

Default DMX Chase Level Control - Pangoscript help?

I'm hoping to add DMX control to my Beyond setup, so it can trigger cues automatically with a show. At the same time, I also need occasional manual control of levels, or ideally chases. I realize that Beyond isn't designed to replace a light board, but I'm hoping I can get enough basic functionality to make this work.

Things I'm trying to accomplish:

1 - Have a DMX cue smoothly rise to a level over an amount of time, and leave it there. In "stepped" mode, it will leave it at the high level until the cue is turned off. But in "smooth" mode, it insists on taking the level back down to the Step 0 level. How do I get it to stop doing that?
    This one is a big deal for any use of DMX in cues, timeline, or live control. I just can't figure out how to use DMX practically here, since the level keeps fading back down.

2 - Multiply the DMX levels by some slider control - for example, I want a color cycle fading chase on RGB LED fixtures, and I'd like to be able to fade this chase up and down.

3 - Possibly the solution to 2 - I've got an APC40 which I'd love to use to control the level of a chase. I imagine there's a good PangoScript way to do this - Have a slider change a global variable, and have the DMX levels in a cue multiply by that variable. Can someone help me do that?
    3b - If that works, can I similarly control the speed of a chase?

Thanks so much for your help!

Take a look at the Beyond and PangoScript threads on the Pangolin site forums ~
    I think some of what you're wanting to do has been discussed there.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....