Thread: Lightwave/JDSU M210 UV DPSS Lasers

Default Lightwave/JDSU M210 UV DPSS Lasers

I put together a few of the Lightwave JDSU Q-Switched UV DPSS systems to sell. I went through the pile and picked out the most powerful systems and put them together as kits.

There are two different variations, M210-HD-V03 and M210-HD-V06. Both output 355nm (Ultraviolet). Very interesting laser. You can etch and cut things you can't with normal visible to IR lasers. I have vaporized chrome off of quartz IC masks, cut aluminum foil, and other things I couldn't do with a lot of other lasers.

The V06 is a newer revision that has larger pump diodes. I couldn't get a whole lot of information from JDSU on them as they were made custom for laser trimmers and etching. I do have a manual available for the power supplies that tells you how to run them though.

To run these you need a chiller. You cannot use out of the wall water. The diodes do not have TECs on them and are mounted directly to the water block. The power supply sends a signal to the chiller for refrigerant on/off and control this through a PID loop inside the power supply. The set point for the particular head is stored in the head on a EEPROM. I am using about 250watts of TEC based chillers to keep mine cool and the water temp tends to run about 10 to 20c depending on the diodes in the head.

In getting the power supplies we had to remove the outer front plate that bore the logo of the company we got them from. The power supply is still completely useable, just not as pretty. You can see the power supply under the laptop in the pic below.

There are two V03 kits available (Head, power supply, and cable), one puts out 2.5 watts and one puts out 2.25 watts at 10KHz. Asking $1500 each on these.

There are two V06 kits available, one puts out 5 watts, and other other puts out 4.2 @ 10KHz. Asking $2000 each on these.

Edit: there was some thermal lensing going on with the 4.2 watt one. I lowered the current and the head is now putting out well over 5 watts.

Output was measured with a Coherent LM150-FS-HTD head on a Coherent LaserPAD system.

Lightwave M210 Power Supply and Chillers by macona, on Flickr
    Last edited by macona; 07-07-2012 at 21:06.

PM Sent

All sold. Thanks guys.

Macone,
    I would like to get more infromation on the two V03 kits available.
    Please let me know fif they are both available. my email is benny@emmtech.com
    Thank you and best regards
    Benny

Like I posted above, they are all gone. If I happen to run across any more I will post them again.

Thank you.
    Please be sure to email me at benny@emmtech.com as soon as you have the laser head available.
    Thanks, Benny

Hello,macona !
    Can you give me the M210-HD-V06( OR M210-PS-V06 POWER) Diode pumped laser power suppluy manual and M210-HD? Please email me at cdgotwin@126.com!

Thanks! Jerry

Hello,macona !
    Can you sell the M210-HD-V06( OR M210-PS-V06 POWER) Diode pumped laser power suppluy manual ? Please email me at cdgotwin@126.com!

Thanks! Jerry