Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the bees!

I Love(most) honey bees- my uncle Tom was a bee keeper and I was the only kid in a large family that liked to work with him & bees--

I found how they 'tell' the other bees where to find the best flowers or a source of honey- very fascinating.

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

That was some crazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy shit!

Have you seen how some bees kill their enemies by vibrating so fast they cook their enemies to death it's incredible.. Fascinating species :P

Quote Originally Posted by KANG View Post
    Have you seen how some bees kill their enemies by vibrating so fast they cook their enemies to death it's incredible.. Fascinating species :P
    I have!! Its really cool!!!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by KANG View Post

I read the book "The Hephaestus Plague" when I was around 15 years old, will never forget! Today I learn there is a movie based on the book.

An earthquake releases a bunch of mutant cockroaches that can create fire by rubbing their cerci together. Eventually most of the bugs die because they cannot survive in the low air pressure on the Earth's surface, but a scientist (Dillman) keeps one alive in a pressure chamber. He successfully breeds the cockroach with a modern bug creating a breed of intelligent, flying super-bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug_%281975_film%29
    Last edited by LaserCo; 12-08-2014 at 18:48. Reason: BUG

Try this- put some honey or syrup on your finger and let a bee 'find' it--or find a bee on a flower.
    they are in 'hog heaven' and apparently have no time for stinging etc

shake to bee off your finger..downwind.
    Then hold your finger up and watch the bee fly back to you in their zig zag fashion.

you can see the bee 'zero' in on your finger going back and forth in smaller
    patterns until they get back on your finger to resume the feast-they must have an incredible sense of smell-- IF you want to confirm place tiny dot of 'white-out' on the bee and you will know when it comes back to you.

- once 'full' the bee WILL leave BUT expect it to come back along with others from the hive ..I have done this many times and it always worked as I describe..

I love bees and honey too!!
    BUT DANG its gotten expensive!!
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-