Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your opinion about buying a RGB 30 Watt Laser from a Chinese Company

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Personally I'd want to buy from someone I trusted at that level ie, RGB Lasersystems Hungary or Kvant Slovakia.

30W is only 30W if it makes 30W and even then if it has to be turned down to balance the white.....

Also, I'd be chasing Cambridge scanners for graphics.
    ya I trusted Kvant too till I purchased my 1.2W 642nm red... what a piece of crap that ended up being

will never buy anything from Kvant again

Beamquallity is everything when it comes to buying a projector. A 30 watt/1.6mrd projector has the same brightness as a 12 - 15 watt/0.8mrd projector and the graphics are way better when beamsize at aperture is the same.

Another very important factor is stabbility in allignment. Modules are bassically blocks wich mechanically stack beams together to form 1 beam. So if 1 mechanical part moves you have suddenly 2 beams coming out of that module or you get a bigger spot because one beam is a little off.

In a nutshell , if the modules have high divergence and are not stable you have a bad projector. Most companies will let you choose the scanner brand and usually it will be an Eyemagic , cambridge or Pangolin when you buy a high power one. So what,s left is the sources. If the red is to low (and looking at the specs its way off) you buy a GB with a little bit of red. So its not really a 30 watt projector

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ya I trusted Kvant too till I purchased my 1.2W 642nm red... what a piece of crap that ended up being

will never buy anything from Kvant again
    I'm kinda there with you. I haven't had quite the problems you did with my 1.2W but, I'm personally not that impressed with Kvant. I mean... they're pretty.... and they're solid but, the output isn't anything special as compared to other projectors I have. I can't/don't even use two of my Kvant projectors since they need work done on them - dying green in one and wrong power supply in the other.