Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to loose the ADAT FB3?

Default Looking to loose the ADAT FB3?

I'm looking to get a new playback setup for my LD2000 shows. I'm looking at the FB3 but wonder if it plays back LD2000 created shows and if it can play back more than one at a time in sequence. Plus read the manual and see no mention of how to sync the sound. What I want to accomplish is putting all my shows on my laptop out to usb to something and then to my projector which is now a 8" cube! thanks to the new pangolin scanners and logsquares RGB design.

IE I want to be able to sit anywhere and play back with just my laptop a device and the projector. No more breaking back, no more ADAT conversion...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Marc,

Yes, it is now becoming possible to do that. You will need BEYOND, the FB3 and a specially modified license file from Bill. It's still in a testing phase but it does work. I got my license back the other day and have played one show so far and it worked fine. Whe I have a chance, I'm going to try testing all of my shows so I can report back to Pangolin any issues. With the license in place, BEYOND opens a new option to import a Showtime show to the time line. You will need to manually add the music file. It can then be saved or dragged to a cue and saved to a cue.

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Hi Marc,

Yes, it is now becoming possible to do that. You will need BEYOND, the FB3 and a specially modified license file from Bill. It's still in a testing phase but it does work. I got my license back the other day and have played one show so far and it worked fine. Whe I have a chance, I'm going to try testing all of my shows so I can report back to Pangolin any issues. With the license in place, BEYOND opens a new option to import a Showtime show to the time line. You will need to manually add the music file. It can then be saved or dragged to a cue and saved to a cue.
    So does the sound come out of the laptop sound card then or the fb3 device? That was my real confusion. Good to ear showtime playback is coming along. I still prefer ld2000 for creation but care less for playback. Guess it is what you are use to doing.

I built a little screen for my projector screen that's just a few feet across that sits in from of me so I can see it over the top of my laptop. I really wish I could make ld2000 play nice with the laptop so I could dump my desktop. This might help some. Tired of having the projector behind me or over my shoulder. It makes me nervous when I'm programming that I'm going to take one in the eye. No room to set up otherwise for now as my projection wall is to the right of the desktop and the projector is to my left over my shoulder. One false move and I get hit. I keep one eye closed! Also makes for a sore neck after hours of programming.

In my av room I have a nice 110" screen. If I can set this up I can sit in comfort in my nice chair and program. Will make me a lot more shows that way.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the fb3 has no audio capability. sound comes from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    So does the sound come out of the laptop sound card then or the fb3 device? That was my real confusion. Good to ear showtime playback is coming along. I still prefer ld2000 for creation but care less for playback. Guess it is what you are use to doing.

I built a little screen for my projector screen that's just a few feet across that sits in from of me so I can see it over the top of my laptop. I really wish I could make ld2000 play nice with the laptop so I could dump my desktop. This might help some. Tired of having the projector behind me or over my shoulder. It makes me nervous when I'm programming that I'm going to take one in the eye. No room to set up otherwise for now as my projection wall is to the right of the desktop and the projector is to my left over my shoulder. One false move and I get hit. I keep one eye closed! Also makes for a sore neck after hours of programming.

In my av room I have a nice 110" screen. If I can set this up I can sit in comfort in my nice chair and program. Will make me a lot more shows that way.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

oh well to that. At first I though all you did is load an sd card and didn't even need a computer for playback. Sort of like a cd player.

You still have to have some method of getting sound to a sound system. I don't know of any lasers projectors with internal speakers. That's an interesting thought though about projectors with SD cards for playback. I would imagine having a soundcard and audio out built in could be a distinct advantage.

I have to say you are probably right in terms of prefering to program with LD2000. What I am finding in watching a lot of shows is that, the stuff created with LD2000 far exceeds what's been created with Quickshow and BEYOND in terms of quality. That may change in time but, when you want to sit back and watch some GOOD shows, you play the older LD2000 stuff. No question. Now... that may also be the artists. LD2000 was a lot more work and required a lot more skill than Quickshow or BEYOND and so now you're seeing a lot of people's early efforts being distributed and a lot of re-treads of stock cues. So, I'm really looking forward to your renewed efforts.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

why not get a qm.net box for your ld2k?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    why not get a qm.net box for your ld2k?

purely cash.

Don't poo poo beyond. It's early artist for sure. remember who did most of the shows that are packed with pangolin products! not too shabby.

Ok.... I'll give you that. And I'm certain that with BEYOND's capabilites, there will be some amazing stuff eventually coming out.

If you convert your ADAT shows to 8 channel waves, you can play them with the LaserBoy DAC.

One USB device. One file. Double click. Full color laser show with synced stereo audio.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0

About $60. There it is!

Plus it works in any OS.

James.
    Last edited by james; 12-06-2014 at 12:15.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.