Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM II

Default NELEM II

Last January Krazer hosted a LEM in Boston @ MIT. It was a lot of fun especially with the added benefit of the participation of the Tesla group. These grad students and Post Docs (and undergrads?) from the institute are not members of PL, but do know a thing or two about lasers and I think they probably had an OK time as well because they recently leased some warehouse space (hacker space) and are willing to open this up for another meeting this coming January.

On campus was a kick, but a little scary as well (dodging fire alarms and such). I don't know if Krazer would be willing to bring a short tour to the ultra-fast labs again, but if he is then this is, as I understand it, the only place beside Max Plank that is doing exactly this type of research and you DO want to see this.

The weakened of Jan. 24-26 looks promising, but the details are a little soft right now, maybe one long day, maybe a Friday set up and Saturday to play? I will be bringing 4-5 people and 4 projectors with 50 watts total output. I know Fearless is working on another projector similar to one of mine. It might be neat to see shows with well over 100 watts of combined output. Audio should not be a problem, but others might have a better idea what would work best.

Hotels, directions, bars, restaurants and timing I am going to defer to Krazer and Fearless. They are both much closer than me, but Krazer said I could go ahead and start the thread to give everyone a heads up and see how much interest there might be.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'll ask corporate for permission to go.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I'm right next to the 93/213 highways.

Car pool maybe?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

We will be coming down from the north with a large van, but it will be packed with gear and people. If the volume becomes so big it is unworkable then we might bring a second vehicle and then there could be additional room.

What if anything would you bring? An overnight bag? Maybe some equipment? If Fearless comes he will be coming from the east. As more people respond there might be more opportunities.

I'm still a n00b in the projector field, so not much in the way of equipment. I have plenty of overnight gear. I can chip in on gas, food, lodging ect. I'm also a great cook. I can bring some meals if you want to set up a lunch, or dinner. You just have to let me know how many people, and if some have allergies. Would save a lot of $$$ in restaurant fees. Whatever you need help in just let me know.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I'll be coming with my new projector, hopefully with CNC machined case. I'm 40 minutes from Boston, and I have an extra room for people to stay if they need a place to crash.
    RickClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	707.4 KB 
ID:	41233

Ah, so...Du beschlossen, ein raumfilter in der roten integrieren, ja? And, by my count about 10W. So, that put's it at 60W total unless you plan to bring your other projector as well.

So, is there anymore word on the progress of this LEM???

I'm all in, but I have to know details to make plans. I may also be able to get some more people to go.

Lets make this happen!!!

Is this happening? Not to keep pushing, but I need at least 3 weeks to make plans. I dont have the luxury to bounce on a weeks notice.

I only started this thread to get the ball rolling. I'm not the big cheese. I think we need to hear something from Krazer if this is going to go forward. I'm still up fort it and with all my stuff. A week later my whole crew will be going out to Photonics West so the weekend of 24,25 or 26 is still optimal, but I agree we need to hear something pretty soon.