Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamba Manual

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Oh and just a simple question : what the hell is "Can't save dongled show" with Mamba 2004? When it happens I can just quit Mamba without saving and re-open the show, so I loose all the work I did after the last good saving...
    This message usually appears if you previously saved a show as read-only or locked to a particular dongle number. Such shows can be loaded and partly edited but not saved again. I've already changed that message text for the next Mamba Black update.

I don't saved my shows at read-only or anything like so, that's why I don't understand this message... Was just saving my show as normaly, but this message was coming.

About Mamba 2004 : do you plan some more updates in the future, or are they only for Mamba Black?

Question

I'd happily serve updates for whatever versions there are out there. Unfortunately, that's not my decision. I'd suggest emailing us that question so I can forward that to the powers that be.

One more thing: Is anybody still using parallel port DACs? Supporting them with decent timing precision gets more difficult with each new version of Windows, and with the advent of Vista, I'd really like to spend my time on something else than driver development But you out there are the users, so it's not solely my decision. Please let me know!

Hi Grumpf,

I see that MambaBlack is updated to 1.81. Great job you've done!!!!!
    I count 57 bug fixes and changes in the Changelog file. That must be a night job or a programmer without a wife by now

There are a lot of people who are using Mamba together with a parallel port DAC. Specially the one which is used with the deceased Popelscan software. Maybe its time now to say goodbye to this hobby-stuff and start the competition with Pan**lin for the most used and professional lasersoftware. There is enough other software to get for the LPT-DAC's...

Keep up the good work!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ScanTechHolland View Post
    Hi Grumpf,

I see that MambaBlack is updated to 1.81. Great job you've done!!!!!
    I count 57 bug fixes and changes in the Changelog file. That must be a night job or a programmer without a wife by now
    Well, it's actually more of a day and night job and my significant other just picked up a second dog from the dog shelter to take care of.

There are a lot of people who are using Mamba together with a parallel port DAC. Specially the one which is used with the deceased Popelscan software. Maybe its time now to say goodbye to this hobby-stuff and start the competition with Pan**lin for the most used and professional lasersoftware. There is enough other software to get for the LPT-DAC's...

Keep up the good work!
    Did you try 1.81.1504 or did you just read the changelog? I already found a new bug, something probably newly introduced. Mamba consumes insane amounts of memory when loading ILDA shows. I'm looking into that right now. I didn't notice it at first since I have 2 GB Ram in my development machine. I just got curious when windows started swapping out memory like mad

Not every single little fix made it into the changelog, there is a point where one gets bored of writing "fixed memleak here" and "fixed bad pointer there" I think after fixing this ILDA issue, I'll put in some new things from my ever-growing wish list. Unless I get flooded with bug reports (still, there are plenty items on my bug tracker), of course

I'm curious on everybody's testing results with the new version.

Mamba consumes insane amounts of memory when loading ILDA shows?
    That's because you made the Changelog that long !!

Another bug detected:

1st.
    When loading a show with a Show Info file included, the button "i" will appear on the screen. So far so good.
    Deleting this show and load another show without a Show Info file will not delete the old "i" button. In fact, the information of the first show is still there..

2nd.
    The changelog says that the style of some buttons are changed from flat to button style. Can you do that also for the 8 "P" and "L" buttons in the Live Player?

Greetings,
    Vince

I was just gonna fire mamba up before i read this so now will have a play with 181
    I was using PP dac until recently and was happy to continue for several reasons. one is that im not the worlds greatest fan of USB - under windows it does get better and better but how bloody long has it taken them!? USB support was introduced with win95 OSR2 and with the advent of XP was only just nearly there and working properly. (sorry I will try not to rant) Second reason is I built my own 5 channel DAC for mamba which was a cool thing to do and I dont wanna not use it though now I have easylase its only for emergency Plus PP DAC is useless on win 2k & XP.

Just fyi I bought easylase over medialas USB dac for one reason only. The response I had from Dirk Bauer to a question I emailed him pissed me off so much because of the attitude I just thought 'stuff you' - or words to that effect.

I personally would like to see better PP DAC support as I beleive this product is aimed at top end hobby & low end pro and im sure there is more than just me wanting to build my own kit.

Rob

Talking

Mamba consumes insane amounts of memory when loading ILDA shows?
    That's because you made the Changelog that long !!
    Why should... what... YOU!!!

Another bug detected:

1st.
    When loading a show with a Show Info file included, the button "i" will appear on the screen. So far so good.
    Deleting this show and load another show without a Show Info file will not delete the old "i" button. In fact, the information of the first show is still there..

2nd.
    The changelog says that the style of some buttons are changed from flat to button style. Can you do that also for the 8 "P" and "L" buttons in the Live Player?
    Nah, you must be mistaken, my version doesn't do that

In other words: thanks for the report, it's already been fixed

Wink

A small cosmetical bug in v1.81:
    Switching to the UGC window will not cover the whole area on the right side (above the new Medialas logo.)

A small cosmetical bug in and before v1.81:
    After selecting Text as draw function, I can fill in my text in the new textbox right above the color palete. Only the font buttons TTL and MLF between this textbox and the palete are not visuable completly.

Greetings,
    Vince

Thumbs up

A small cosmetical bug in v1.81:
    Switching to the UGC window will not cover the whole area on the right side (above the new Medialas logo.)

A small cosmetical bug in and before v1.81:
    After selecting Text as draw function, I can fill in my text in the new textbox right above the color palete. Only the font buttons TTL and MLF between this textbox and the palete are not visuable completly.

Greetings,
    Vince
    Shame on me, I didn't test small screen resolutions. A lot of Mamba adjusts its size and location dynamically all the time, and it seems that some of these adjustments are too careless. I'll have a look at it.