Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

Here it is!

New Version: http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_2018_11_29.zip

If you already have an installation of LaserBoy, I would suggest that you rename the folder that it is currently in to something else. Unzip this new version and place the LaserBoy folder where ever you want it and move or copy the contents of your previous version into the new one.

Create a new folder inside of ./LaserBoy/ild called something like old_ild and move your old ild directory contents into it. Find and delete all of the ild files that start with "font_".

Move your previous version of LaserBoy.wtf from the old wtf folder into the new one.

Now you can make new subdirectory names inside of the ild folder and sort all of your ild files into individual projects.

As always, please report any issues to me!

Enjoy!

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Good gravy! I don't know how the hell you found that! But only two of the wtf switch settings values were swapped between writing the file and reading it back in.

in >> auto_apply_offsets ;
    in >> auto_apply_rescales ;

So I fixed that too!

Thanks!

James.
    I think you bundled the wrong EXE- it reports as itself as 8-6-2017...

Oops. I fixed it. Thanks again!

http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_2018_11_29.zip

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Good gravy! I don't know how the hell you found that! But only two of the wtf switch settings values were swapped between writing the file and reading it back in.

in >> auto_apply_offsets ;
    in >> auto_apply_rescales ;

So I fixed that too!

Thanks!

James.
    Still not there yet. All I want to do is to set LB to produce 24 bit color ILD in fmt 4 or 5 and have that setting be retained in the Switch Settings menu...

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Still not there yet. All I want to do is to set LB to produce 24 bit color ILD in fmt 4 or 5 and have that setting be retained in the Switch Settings menu...
    It works for me!

Are you saving the file LaserBoy.wtf after you change the settings?

It is not automatic.

You have to go to o to output, 7 for wtf and hit [Enter] to save to the default name LaserBoy.wtf and hit y to overwrite the old file.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

BTW, I've got a pretty cool setup going on here. I have an AMD 8 core processor with 24GB RAM and a 500GB solid state drive. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 (Love it!) and I installed VMware. I installed a VMware tool on my old Windows XP laptop that I used to use for LaserBoy development (mainly to compile the code for Windows). That tool allowed me to clone the whole XP installation on the laptop and save it on a network drive that was actually a samba share from my Ubuntu machine. Then I just opened it up on my Ubuntu machine as a virtual machine. How cool is that? I was also able to dedicate 2 CPU cores to it and use 4GB RAM. The VMware tool cloned an image of the entire laptop hard drive which also included an old installation of Linux. So I installed a disk partition tool, deleted the Linux partitions and expanded the NTFS partition to take up the whole drive space. And, the coolest thing is that I have a 65 inch curved LCD 4K monitor and I can run my old XP laptop clone at 4K resolution! I keep all of my LaserBoy code inside of the virtual XP machine and share it as a workgroup share. I mount this share from the host Ubuntu machine and I can work in both Linux and Windows simultaneously on the same exact set of code. In the latest version of LaserBoy, the exe for Windows was compiled in the virtual machine.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

It works for me!

Are you saving the file LaserBoy.wtf after you change the settings?

It is not automatic.

You have to go to o to output, 7 for wtf and hit [Enter] to save to the default name LaserBoy.wtf and hit y to overwrite the old file.

James.
    Really! I don't remember having to save settings long ago...

I have a 65 inch curved LCD 4K monitor and I can run my old XP laptop clone at 4K resolution!
    Holy crap!

How far away do you usually sit from that monitor?

I recently upgraded to a 32" curved monitor, but I'm still running 1080P. I sit about 2.5 ft back from the screen and I still have to wear 1.25 X reading glasses. (Damn - getting old sucks!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Really! I don't remember having to save settings long ago...
    It has always been like this, ever since the wtf file type was implemented.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Holy crap!

How far away do you usually sit from that monitor?

I recently upgraded to a 32" curved monitor, but I'm still running 1080P. I sit about 2.5 ft back from the screen and I still have to wear 1.25 X reading glasses. (Damn - getting old sucks!)

Adam
    It sits on the back of a normal cafeteria style table. I love it. It's 3840 x 2160! I do tend to pull my window of focus into the center, but stuff like audacity wave editor or piviti video editor is awesome at full screen. So is LaserBoy for that matter!

I can also run XP at 4K and Paint Shop Pro (from the Windows 95 eara) can display full size images from my Canon camera.

Before I put this system together, I used to run two monitors, one landscape and one portrait. They were 1600x1200 pixels at exactly 100 pixels per inch. I thought the typical font size in Windows was just a bit too small. So I did the math and picked a 4K monitor that had slightly less pixel density.

If you think that's big you should see our living room TV! It's a 150inch screen with a nice 1080p 3 LCD projector. The screen is about 11 feet wide.
    Last edited by james; 11-30-2018 at 17:23.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials