Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

UPDATE!

Just fixed a bad SDL2 crash condition and fixed an old palette editing bug.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Now that my presentation for Vector Hack 2020 is done, I can post this.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZxoz...BpGxs5w/videos

If you want to see tutorials on using LaserBoy, look at the video titles and watch them in order from 0000 to whatever. If you would like to see a video about something specific, let me know and I'll try to get that done.

I'd be really glad if you could contact me and send me some data you want to process. I always enjoy that and learn a lot that way.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Now that my presentation for Vector Hack 2020 is done, I can post this.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZxoz...BpGxs5w/videos

If you want to see tutorials on using LaserBoy, look at the video titles and watch them in order from 0000 to whatever. If you would like to see a video about something specific, let me know and I'll try to get that done.

I'd be really glad if you could contact me and send me some data you want to process. I always enjoy that and learn a lot that way.

James.
    Thanks for posting your youtube links for your tutorials. I look forward to watching them all.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Thanks for posting your youtube links for your tutorials. I look forward to watching them all.
    Let me know what you think.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Let me know what you think.
    James, I watched the first 8 YouTube tutorials so far and there is no doubt they will prove extremely useful to LaserBoy users. Good job. You've built a really cool 2D/3D vector display and command key-based manipulation space.

It may be a minor point for Windows users, but your intro tutorial should mention that a Windows command prompt window will remain open as long as LaserBoy is running. When I first noticed the command prompt window that showed the batch file command, my first instinct was to close it because I only wanted the LaserBoy window open. Of course, doing so closed LaserBoy.

I'll send other observations and/or suggestions in a pm but I want to watch the remaining tutorials first.

Well, judging from what's popular on Netflix these days, I was thinking about doing some stand-up comedy, a puppet show and I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate some lesbian sex scenes into it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Probably shouldn't post after a long day and a few beers.

James.
    Last edited by james; 10-10-2020 at 21:49.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Well, judging from what's popular on Netflix these days, I was thinking about doing some stand-up comedy, a puppet show and I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate some lesbian sex scenes into it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Probably shouldn't post after a long day and a few beers.

James.
    Probably.

Its far more important to wear a different colored shirt for each tutorial....no repeats! Choose your favorite color palette.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Probably.

Its far more important to wear a different colored shirt for each tutorial....no repeats! Choose your favorite color palette.
    Got it. I have pretty much every color. Thanks!

As if you can't tell... I'm just winging it when I make those. I try to concentrate on a specific topic, but I still have to get around in the app and I like to make the frame or frames I want to use in the examples, so you can see how that is done as well as whatever concept I'm trying to demonstrate.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Finally figured out how to make a playlist.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...o-shp7lZCEhd4M
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Finally figured out how to make a playlist.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...o-shp7lZCEhd4M
    Congratulations, now your right up there with our blue tasselled buddy Zerubbabel!

https://www.youtube.com/user/repairingthebreach