Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

That's a good point. I'm still clock maxed soldering together the obsolete semiconductors of the synthesizer of the fantastic years of yore. By the way, hitting i 4 z (filename) enter 1 esc esc ten thousand times is still faster than menu traverse select aim select open, but a single key reload / refresh of the .txt file would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I think it is described in directives.txt.
    Are you referring to "math save_as_txt" for saving text tables from script?

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Are you referring to "math save_as_txt" for saving text tables from script?
    Yes. But there are also import directives. You can import dxf txt or whatever is already loaded in LaserBoy space. You can export bmp dxf or txt. All of this is done in real numbers. So now it is possible to create and save vector data in double float.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Yes. But there are also import directives. You can import dxf txt or whatever is already loaded in LaserBoy space. You can export bmp dxf or txt. All of this is done in real numbers. So now it is possible to create and save vector data in double float.
    I saw the import directives also, but how do you "import what is already loaded in LaserBoy space"??

So being able to export LaserBoy register space to bmp, dxf or txt is very nice as well.

Wink

I think it's just import_space. It is important to know that when you do that it gets converted from short int space to unit space, meaning it is reduced in size to fit inside of a cube from -1 to +1. It can be scaled from there, of course but that puts it into the same magnitude as the math generators, more or less.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I think it's just import_space. It is important to know that when you do that it gets converted from short int space to unit space, meaning it is reduced in size to fit inside of a cube from -1 to +1. It can be scaled from there, of course but that puts it into the same magnitude as the math generators, more or less.
    Are you saying "I think of LaserBoy space as import space."? My present understanding is that LaserBoy space is the A and B register space.

My question was, how can one import into LaserBoy space what is already in LaserBoy space? Again, we were talking about importing "things" into LB space.

LaserBoy_space is the 3D frame_set viewer, the running application with a frame_set loaded in it that you see on the screen. That's in short integer.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Here are some new frames I did using LaserBoy's drawing utilities, over a background bitmap.

These will be added to in.ild that comes with the LB distribution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abbey_road.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	57890

Name:	beatles.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	57891

Name:	Devo_1980.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	57892

Name:	devo_01.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	57893
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Just curious why your and Greg's screenshots of LB are so bright red and mine are so dim red. I'm using Greenshot for screen captures.

If you go into the [Tab] menu, option 4, option 1 you can make your vectors any thickness in pixels. If you go to option 0 (zero) of the same menu you can set a number of square pixels for which to save bitmap files of your frame_set. Option o to output a file offers 6 bmp as an option. It saves to the bmp folder inside of LaserBoy. You have to open the bitmap in an image editor and save it as something else, like jpg, gif or png in order to post it as a visible image on this forum. When LaserBoy saves a bitmap it makes it the lowest bit per pixel possible to support the number of unique colors. Anything less than 24 bits per pixel is best converted to a gif (a pallet image)
    Last edited by james; 04-25-2021 at 14:15.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials