Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    You and me both bud!

Sometimes I look at the code and I think what the hell is this? How am I supposed to understand this nonsense?

Code:
    root@U22:/LaserBoyV# cloc src
          57 text files.
          57 unique files.                              
          13 files ignored.

github.com/AlDanial/cloc v 1.90  T=1.61 s (27.9 files/s, 55612.7 lines/s)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Language                     files          blank        comment           code
    C++                             20           1699           5977          69686
    C/C++ Header                    24            195           1857          10183
    make                             1             29              4            115
    SUM:                            45           1923           7838          79984
    Try this one. (attached tiki_05)

I just found another bug!

in menu h option g conglomerate isn't hooked up to the right function.

I just sneaked another fix into the current zip. The only changes are to LaserBoy.exe (The Win64 executable) and stuff in the src directory.

I know how you analyze stuff Dean. That's why I'm really glad you are looking at all of this. I hope we can go wandering around in the code together so you can see the algorithms. It is complicated though because there are many layers to it. A function of the app is possibly many layers of functions in the code.

tiki_5 looks good on the scope, but the wave render is still jazzed up.

This is about as stripped down as I could get it.

This is NOT optimized!

It's just the least amount of points.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Make sure you get the best minimization before you optimize.
    Since when did I ever bother with reading the directions?

This morning I tried minimizing the tiki dxf before optimizing as ild and the result was slightly better.
    The big difference came when I tried minimizing before wave rendering- it went from 3FPS to 10FPS @48k.

The real question is what started this discussion in the first place: Why does wave optimization behave
    differently than other means of optimization within the app?

That's a perfectly reasonable question. It probably has something to do with the fact that I just use [redacted] by pure habit. I don't really think about it, unless I'm really concentrating on documenting it for someone else.

I should probably go over all of it with the intention of making another video tutorial about making wave files. That always results in fixing all kinds of stuff.

Last edited by james; 09-04-2022 at 20:51.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Ya know, with all the menu processing options, it would be nice to have a universal 'undo last operation' hotkey...

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Ya know, with all the menu processing options, it would be nice to have a universal 'undo last operation' hotkey...
    Apparently you've never read the last line of my signature that has been there for all these many years.

In order to make that work for all cases, a copy of the entire memory object would have to be made, because some of the operations are data destructive.

If you know what's going on, some operations are reversible by others operations.

Last edited by james; 09-05-2022 at 21:30.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

In order to make that work for all cases, a copy of the entire memory object would have to be made, because some of the operations are data destructive.

Yeah, so a lot of programs offer that capability, and it can be turned on and off to conserve resources if needed.

Default Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

You don't say...

[redacted] is laser display software with no guardrails, no safety net, no regard for preserving sanity. Live dangerously.

Actually, you can enable an undo at any time. Save your current work to a file!

Last edited by james; 09-06-2022 at 08:33.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Yet another new version!

09-08-2022

This one has some minor bug fixes.

There is a new function in the p transform colors and palettes menu.

If you define a palette of fewer than 255 colors, option l (L) will make a palette based on that by repeating the colors until the whole palette of 255 colors is defined.

This is so it is possible to do the effect of cycling through palette indexes and getting a smooth flowing animation with only a few different colors.

Also, there are instructions and a new Makefile.mm1 for building the src for the new MacBook M1 with the 64-bit ARM processor.

Fixed the clipping area issue. It is now possible to define a clipping area of nothing and it works as expected.

https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials