Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    If you go into the [Tab] menu, option 4, option 1 you can make your vectors any thickness in pixels. If you go to option 0 (zero) of the same menu you can set a number of square pixels for which to save bitmap files of your frame_set. Option o to output a file offers 6 bmp as an option. It saves to the bmp folder inside of LaserBoy. You have to open the bitmap in an image editor and save it as something else, like jpg, gif or png in order to post it as a visible image on this forum. When LaserBoy saves a bitmap it makes it the lowest bit per pixel possible to support the number of unique colors. Anything less than 24 bits per pixel is best converted to a gif (a pallet image)
    Thanks, that is a good tip to know. I'll stick with Greenshot for Win10 screenshots, its far easier. & versatile.

Now I'm trying to absorb the essentials for creating animation frames from liquid math origins, by reading through your examples.

You can make a directory of as many bitmaps as there are frames all in one shot. That's how I made the videos.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

You can make a directory of as many bitmaps as there are frames all in one shot. That's how I made the videos.
    I see, that then is useful when using bitmaps to create a video stream.

Sending you a PM

Update:

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_04_30_2021.zip

Fixed some bugs.

Changed

math to_frame

to

math to_space

I want to thank lasermaster1977 for all of his attention to this. He's been working with it quite a bit and he has helped me root out some issues. He's also proofread a lot of the documentation. I must say he has a lot of patience. Most people would just throw their hands up and run away. He asks some really good questions.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I want to thank lasermaster1977 for all of his attention to this. He's been working with it quite a bit and he has helped me root out some issues. He's also proofread a lot of the documentation. I must say he has a lot of patience. Most people would just throw their hands up and run away. He asks some really good questions.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. He is a great guy to work with and very knowledgeable!

Huge update!

New visual features; infinite spider vector (for drawing) and (vector) direction.

Because of some examples from lasermaster1977, the whole mess of constructors for all of the line functions was re-written and it actually works now.

There was an issue of a real number (double) being an integer or not. Turns out, if there is some real math involved, an expression that should result in a value of 50 is actually over by a number that is in the 10^ -15 magnitude.

Did some major code cleanup. Fixed an ancient bug.

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_05_15_2021.zip

Let me know if you find any weird behavior, other than the usual.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Huge update!

New visual features; infinite spider vector (for drawing) and (vector) direction.

Because of some examples from lasermaster1977, the whole mess of constructors for all of the line functions was re-written and it actually works now.

There was an issue of a real number (double) being an integer or not. Turns out, if there is some real math involved, an expression that should result in a value of 50 is actually over by a number that is in the 10^ -15 magnitude.

Did some major code cleanup. Fixed an ancient bug.

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_05_15_2021.zip

Let me know if you find any weird behavior, other than the usual.

Your da man!

I can't wait to try it out. LB just keeps getting better!

Thanks, James

BOOM!

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_05_16_2021.zip

Even better!

Thanks again lasermaster1977.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

BOOM!

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_05_16_2021.zip

Even better!

Thanks again lasermaster1977.
    (my heart's bounding) its like, OMG!

Default MULTITHREADING

Yet another new version!

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_05_24_2021.zip

This one doesn't have any new recognizable features, but the menus are a bit cleaned up. Now all of the settings that make LB do its thing are two clicks away.

First [Tab]
    Then pick a sub menu
    There's all the settings in that sub menu.

This works from just about anywhere in the menu system.

I also did tons of code cleanup. It used to be over 95 thousand lines of code. Now it's only about 79 thousand.

And for the first time ever, parts of it are written in C++17 threads!

So, if you have a processor with a lot of cores, you might notice a speed increase.

I don't think there is anything new in the txt folder, but it's there for completeness.

As always, please let me know if your computer explodes.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials