Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    those are great!
    Yeah, James I really liked that demo! Didn't see it until just now.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I'm just gonna drop this right here.....

https://laserboy.org/text.mp4

James.
    Also, very, very nice, James!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Did not realize the ZX81 would allow you to enter expressions as user input... That's actually really cool! Shame it only had 1K of RAM.

The Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P I started with was based around the venerable 6502 CPU. It had 4 K of RAM, which was more than enough for the silly stuff I wrote for it. Graphics were just as limiting as the ZX81 though - 24 characters per line if I remember correctly. (Ugh!) But you did have an assortment of shapes that could be poked directly to the video display area which was sort of cool. Monochrome only, of course.

It shipped with Microsoft Basic 2.01 in ROM. (That's why the ROM was so big - 8K!)

Adam
    Wow. I used a Microsoft Basic 2.0 on an IMSAI 8080 for doing laser work. It was acquired from Showco by myself and photonbeam. It had dual 8" floppy drives, dual DACs and a Summagraphics 12" x 12" graphics tablet for point entry. My Apple II system was smaller, lighter and easier to use and replaced the 8080 for laser graphics. Photonbeam wound up with it when we divided up the Showco laser equipment inventory. I wonder if he still has it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMSAI 8080.gif 
Views:	51 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	56876

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Also, very, very nice, James!
    Thanks!

Hopefully some people will find this useful for something.

It certainly demonstrates the capabilities of the LaserBoy code set.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thumbs up

Thanks!

Hopefully some people will find this useful for something.

It certainly demonstrates the capabilities of the LaserBoy code set.
    I know without doubt that anyone considering or curious about LaserBoy and its capabilities will indeed find your math.mp4 and your text MP4 demo very en-LaserLight-ning...or even en-vectorscopeLight-ning.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I know without doubt that anyone considering or curious about LaserBoy and its capabilities will indeed find your math.mp4 and your text MP4 demo very en-LaserLight-ning...or even en-vectorscopeLight-ning.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm but I'm quite sure there isn't one thing about laser display technology that is "without a doubt".

It would be nice to have a conversation about how to use LaserBoy, what's inside, how it works, and maybe some ideas for new features.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I'm quite sure there isn't one thing about laser display technology that is "without a doubt".

It would be nice to have a conversation about how to use LaserBoy, what's inside, how it works, and maybe some ideas for new features.

James.
    My point being, "without a doubt" you will get more direct interest for your software when potential users can "see" what kind of results can be achieved than just talking about how easy and versatile it is, and here are the commands. My time is limited at the moment but lets plan on a conversation.

I was thinking about having a conversation with anyone for everyone to see here, but you or anyone else is welcome to contact me directly by phone or other real-time communication. That's always fun!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I guess I wasn't as clear as I might have been.

There is a new version of LaserBoy that allows you to do all kinds of ASCII text font rendering.

https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials