Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 576364656667

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

No. That's not how it works at all. There really isn't anything real-time about LB. It just reads and writes files. No live streams in or out. But it can do all kinds of things with files. It can show vector art files as timed animation on the screen. It bridges the gaps between ild, dxf, txt, wav such that they can almost be thought of as just different forms of the same thing; vector data. Bitmap files are the translation to raster.

And wav files are multichannel, so a single wav file has all the control signals together as x, y, r, g, b, i, and possibly L & R audio. The 6th channel (i) can be a monochrome color mod signal or z or time code.

Last edited by james; 09-22-2022 at 12:09.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    Either do or do not do. There is no undo!

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    And wav files are multichannel, so a single wav file has all the control signals together as x, y, r, g, b, i, and possibly L & R audio. The 6th channel (i) can be a monochrome color mod signal or z or time code.
    Wol, Go~olly, James. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!
    I had no idear dat dem wav files could be more than 2 channels. Why, dat rite thar's a whole nutter kettle 'o fish, ain't it?
    Sure glad ya told me b'for I hurt my brain 'nall, aponderin' o'er such a critter.
    🤷*♂️
    BTW, we were recently discussing this, so you might be interested in a free download of the graphics software I just saw in this YT video..
    Last edited by TheHermit; 09-22-2022 at 17:42.
    What goes around, comes around. Most folks reflect one's light, yet silently absorb darkness, the invisible harm we inflict upon ourselves.

Not all wav players can play more than stereo, but some can into multitrack studio sound devices and surround sound devices.

The success of my app used to make wav files for direct display depends on that entirely!

Last edited by james; 09-22-2022 at 12:36.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    Either do or do not do. There is no undo!