Thread: Absolute noob here, starting from ground up.

Question Absolute noob here, starting from ground up.

Long story short: I'm looking for someone with experience to show me the ropes.

I started playing with lasers a year or two ago, and I currently have the shitey Venue Fat Beam Laser Pack
    As well as an Antari Alpha f80z Fog Machine.

I really know close to nothing about U.S. safety protocols, as well as many other things, so I'm looking for someone with experience to show me around :3

My email is: Trilithide.Machina@Gmail.com
    My phone is: (385) - 221 - 7508

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by thebifocalist View Post
    Long story short: I'm looking for someone with experience to show me the ropes.

I started playing with lasers a year or two ago, and I currently have the shitey Venue Fat Beam Laser Pack
    As well as an Antari Alpha f80z Fog Machine.

I really know close to nothing about U.S. safety protocols, as well as many other things, so I'm looking for someone with experience to show me around :3

My email is: Trilithide.Machina@Gmail.com
    My phone is: (385) - 221 - 7508
    come to selem next month. you will get all the knowledge you can eat.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

...and take a moment to fill out your profile here on PL to include your location.

Welcome!

Based on your area code, I'm assuming you are located in Utah. That's unfortunate, as we do not have a lot of members in that area. This means your best best is going to be attending a Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. Once you get your feet wet, you may be able to seek out laserists in neighboring states to partner up with.

As Swamidog mentioned, the 9th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting (SELEM) is coming up August 12-16 in Newton, North Carolina. This is unquestionably the largest event of it's kind in the USA.

While North Carolina is surely a long way from Utah, SELEM is still your absolute best option for learning about lasers, laser projectors, laser safety, and laser light shows. As someone said recently: "SELEM is like a full year of PhotonLexicon condensed into 4 days!"

Do whatever you can to make the trip to SELEM. You will not be disappointed.

Adam

PS: Looks like round-trip tickets from Salt Lake (SLC) to Charlotte (CLT) are going to run you about $450...

Quote Originally Posted by thebifocalist View Post

My email is:
    My phone is:
    Definitely suggest removing those to prevent a bunch of spam (save it for PMs). Anyways I'm in LA and can't do much to help but I suggest saving some money and making it to a LEM and getting yourself Beyond / a projector. A lot of money sure but it definitely is a valid investment if you want to be a laser operator for big shows. Find some companies that need the help and put yourself somewhere that you will be successful
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -