Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo... to the lurkers..

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Yo... to the lurkers..

I was just looking at the bottom of the page. I see it all the time and sometimes give it a thought but, right now, there are supposedly 2389 people on line which is 193 members and 2190 guests. Seriously?? There is 193 of us contributing, bickering, trolling each other, buying and selling, etc. and over 2,000 just what... reading our shit?

Who are you all?? Are you afraid to invent a screen name, password and chime in from time to time? You MUST have some sort of interest in lasers or you wouldn't be here. An opinion when things get testy? A question? And it's not just now.... it's all the time. On any given log in, there are like a couple thousand guests reading.

Once in awhile someone says they've been lurking for years and finally comes out an asks a question. What's it take to motivate you?

I just was finding it a little bizzare this morning that there is always such a huge gap between members and "guests" most any given time.

Changing from "lurker" to "member" was the beginning of my financial downfall...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

you get that with most forums
    a lot will be google searchers , just zooming by for one quick bit of info

its also possible a lot are false positives , they might be robots reading pages ?
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

My guess is many of the lurkers are N Koreans monitoring us to make sure we don't insult the "dear leader".
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Lots of lurkers is a reflectance of buying instead of building. The DIY group gets smaller so there are less posts that are interesting to read. The "lurkers"as you call it just use do a quick search on what,s the best you can buy for the least amount and they quickly find goldenstar or eightonlight since everyone is raving about those. The lem that we have shows the same , more and more bought projectors instead of DIY ones. I also think that everything has been told. Lots of posts with the same questions like how to combine diodes, wich scanset and what software.

How many projector builds have we seen here in the past year, 10 or so ?

No builds no posts......

Northy mention in a previous thread that the hype is over and he is right it is

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

for me the name of the site was weird and did not stick, finally when I found my way here again I said to myself, maybe I will remember the name better and signed up.. and then I felt some equal justification was needed and signed up at LPF also.
    I had the right to lurk after that :P

No builds no posts......

Northy mention in a previous thread that the hype is over and he is right it is
    Told ya!

I've been building a couple a year for the last 3 years or more but unless its doing something out of the ordinary, I don't see that its worth shouting about, or that people will have an interest in seeing. It is after all, mostly 'assembly', albeit refined with each iteration
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

my guess is that is that it is a bunch of lonely house wives looking for "SPAGHETTI" recipes
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I don't post much, simply because most of the time I don't feel like I have much to contribute to...well, anything. I have been on LPF for a few years (which, unfortunately, has seemed to become increasingly stagnant) which is where I post the majority of the time. I don't know enough about projectors to be helpful, and I don't have the money to build one (building>buying), and until I do I don't really see the point of being involved, I guess. I suppose in the meantime I could work on some multi-diode modules, but having one piece of an overall puzzle sitting on my desk while I wait for more money would just irritate me

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    How many projector builds have we seen here in the past year, 10 or so ?
    I'm working on lots of builds, I just don't post them here because it's a scary place...