Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Yo... to the lurkers..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I have the "active users" thing set for a few hours before it clears the table. Any shorter and people writing huge posts will get logged out by the time they hit submit (Buffo and Buffo, and probably Buffo)
    Guilty as charged, your honor! (Being logged out while posting was bad enough, but then discovering that I had hit the maximum character count for a post - not once but TWICE - really drove home the fact that I was spending way to much time posting here.)

I suppose times are changing a bit and people just want cracked style top 10 lists.
    Ugh. Those people are stupid. Seriously. Cracked is nothing but click-bait.

Adam

So, why did i join the party?
    Well for shure i was "lurking" (Funny, actually same in norwegian) in between the topics without having the nerve to join. Most forums are a scary place for a novice. One comment, showing that you are no expert, and the propellerheads are all over you.
    I soon found tha PL was different. Dared to ask questions, and soon even answered some questions. This is by all means no scary place, and the population are skillful.

Google led me to this place, but i don`t remember what i was searching for. I had a brass module with a 405LD. That useless piece of a laser was, together with the PL forum, the start of my financial downfall.

So - lurkers - with a weak mind, are the future participants of PL.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

It all started with the little Spencer laser I owned (still do, but obviously it doesn't get pulled out of the box anymore). Bought a Goldenstar projector and except for the lower scanner rate, I'm still happy with it... Haven't the desire or the interest to build my own, and many of the more expensive projector companies (Kvant, etc) don't seem to be interested in adding SD card support to the thing... Honestly, if I ever decided the projector I had was too limited, I'd STILL go with another Goldenstar. But that being said, I know next to nothing about electronics, diodes, and the like nor would I have the money or time to build my own. Or the desire, as I said... The main reason I got into laser projectors in the first place was I never listened to music at home much anymore, as I'm constantly working on it, and basically just wanted something to force me to sit down and crank up a CD for "personal enjoyment." Then I discovered this amazing world that I had no clue about. Once the software options became available, I learned how to create some cool designs, and I'm still there; just slightly limited by A. my software options (though that ildagen program has my interest VERY piqued, if I can just figure out things), and B. Cash, Cash, Ca$h!!!