Thread: question about ishow software

Default question about ishow software

Hi am new here...
    i have question about connect the laser to the computer..
    i connect the laser to the computer with 25 pin ilda cable.
    It should work like this? Or require an adapter from ilda to usb
    I use the software ishow 2.3

sorry if someone not understand me, my english is not so good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg  

DSC_1154.JPG  

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

No, it won't work like that. You probably connected it to a printer port which outputs digital signals. Ilda signals are analog. You need a digital to analog convertor (DAC). These can be pricey but you get what you pay for. Generally we tell people to stay away from iShow because it doesn't work on 64 bit computers and the software is annoying to use. But if you have a 32 bit computer and can live with the software then it's also the cheapest you can get.

thank you for the answer!
    each dac 25 pin to usb adapter will fit for this?
    And by the way, my computer is 64bit win7 ...It works great .. I have not encountered problems ..

The software probably works on 64 bit but the hardware doesn't, it's a driver problem. The current owners of iShow might fix that but better be safe. It's adviced you don't buy the iShow DAC.

Well, I don't know how many usb to DB25 DACs there are that aren't laser controllers...
    Again you get what you pay for. Count on at least $150. Users here can recommend you one but that will depend on your application. Do you want ethernet or can you live with the short cable length of USB? Do you want to use it for live shows or rather preprogrammed shows? Graphics, beams, abstracts? Advanced 3D modelling? Just for home use? Do you mind to do some programming? What's your level of DIY?

You can go the cheap way and use a converted 8 channel sound card. Or you can go the expensive way and get a QM2k.net with Pangolin Beyond. Or you can go somewhere in between with LaserShow eXpress and etherdream or easylase or riya (in my opinion the best price/quality ratio). If live shows and button mashing are your thing get Pangolin Quickshow.
    Keep in mind that some DACs require their own proprietary programs (such as all Pangolin stuff). Other DACs might work with many programs (like Etherdream, Easylase, Riya etc. which all work with LSX, Spaghetti, and various little programs). These DACs usually do not come with software which you need to buy separately.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...title=DAC_list
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 12-14-2014 at 07:26.

Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    I use the software ishow 2.3
    I guess you downloaded the software and didn't get it with the Ishow DAC. In which case you are in a good position as you have not wasted any money on buying a DAC that only works with two software packages (Ishow naturally and Spaghetti. Which I believe works on 64 bit PC's as the author had to write his own driver). As discussed in another thread, the best option available at the cheapest price is a Riya Lite and Spaghetti combination.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I have a 2-watt laser 3D animations.
    The use is mainly transferred between different animations during the event. Nothing serious ...
    The software that came with the laser on an SD card for editing animations. Then I move it from the card to the laser.
    Software and adapter are sold at $ 50 including shipping .. and adapters alone cost less ..

Overall work with the laser is on live but only transfer animations every few minutes ..
    The question is whether ishow enough for that?

THANK YOU ALL

If you're fine with sd card and presumably dmx control, then you don't need the dac (adapter). Look for cheap ilda programs like IldaGen and Ild Sos, or free ones like Laserboy and IldaViewer.

But don't think the $50 will give you live computer control. Even if it would work on your 64 bit system...

i already order the adapter..:IS
    where i can find ilda show or ilda file to download ??

thank you!