Thread: Noob question about Beyond

Default Noob question about Beyond

Ok, so I'm setting up a demonstration for a party in a couple of weeks, and some things I can't figure out in Beyond.

I've imported several LD shows into Beyond using their importer, which works pretty well (except for the "Born to be Wild" show that has a big middle section of animation missing).. anyway, first question -- I have several shows open in the tabs -- how can I save them all as a "show" so I can reload them all at some point later instead of loading them one by one?

Second question -- On some Beyond and QS shows, the sound is slightly out of sync with the lasers... I've tried several settings which appear to adjust the time sync, but nothing I can find works to sync them up. How do you do this?

Thanks.

I can only answer the first one as I dont have the importer yet.
    Try to avoid using mp3 and use wav Mp3 has a little moment of silence at the start.

Another thing is that some shows might not be completely on sync by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Try to avoid using mp3 and use wav Mp3 has a little moment of silence at the start.

Another thing is that some shows might not be completely on sync by itself.
    So, are you saying convert the MP3s I already have to WAV files, and that might solve the problem? Is that a common thing for Beyond?

its just a general thing with mp3.
    If you convert them it still has the delay.. you might have to slice it off in an audio editor.

or you can select the loaded audio track and drag it back a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    or you can select the loaded audio track and drag it back a little bit.
    I tried that and couldn't get it to sync up. We're talking a few microseconds plus or minus.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    We're talking a few microseconds plus or minus.
    You can select the audio track in the timeline, then go to the Edit menu and choose 'Shift selected events..." You should then be able to adjust it in 1ms increments.

BEYOND has a playlist (it's the third tab, I forget what it's called) and you can create a list of your shows and save it to a playlist file.

When the music is out of sync a little, I just open the wav file in a waveform editor and add or subtract a couple hundred milliseconds until it syncs up. Usually have to do a few run throughs to get it perfect.

PM me your email address. I have a version of the Born to be Wild show where I re-created the middle animation part.

Ok, I found the problem I was having... I imported a bunch of LD shows into Beyond, and was playing them in "timeline'. The extra step is that I need to save them as Beyond shows (including the media file). THEN I can load the Beyond version of the shows into the Playlist. As far as I can tell, there's no way to make a playlist of shows open in the Timeline area.