Thread: Laserscope Controllers

Default Laserscope Controllers

I've been in the lab working on Laserscopes for the last few weeks. In the process of hacking a bunch of machines for a big event later this month, I've built a few extra of my Laserscope control boxes. These come with a wire harness that plugs into the a.l.e. and the Q-switch driver. There is an interlock loop you can wire to the flow meter and a pair of wires you can use to actuate a shutter. The control box plugs into the harness using a standard DB25 cable. The box has a key switch and a 2 pin Jones plug (on the back) for interlock. Lamp current can be set to 'simmer' (labeled LOW) or 'full' (labeled HIGH) or set to any value using a 10 turn pot. It is wired to switch the system between CW and q-switched mode (old q-switch drivers with the external FPS board will switch between hold-off and q-switched mode). This is the last time I'm ever going to make these so if you're considering hacking a KTP/532 laser, now is the time to save yourself many days of digging through sketchy docs and wiring something of your own. I have 3 or 4 available @ $350 ea, including up to 1 hour of my time to help you get up and running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cheater-2.2.jpg  

Last edited by Junktronix; 12-15-2014 at 11:41.

Hope you don't mind asking but what is the power consumption on those units? 3-phase? never seen the plugs on those things.

Single phase 240V @ 40A. Some of the newer air cooled model have a 3 phase capable power supply but they're still wired for single phase operation.

Lol, those look EXACTLY like the ones that Skippy and I made for mine about 10 years ago! nice one!

The secret sauce for sale!,
    Nice job, if i didnt have one allready i would jump on these!!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

And after a phone conversation with Skippy I found out why they look exactly like mine!!! If anyone has a laserscope to convert, this is the EASIEST WAY!!! (And cheapest)