Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new website

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Aldebaran... could you be any more of an astronomy nerd?!

Love the site!
    until the death star blows it up...

(yeah, yeah. i know)

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Love the website DZ.. easy to navigate and it really shows you are passionate about your projects *the build speedrun video most certainly does that*

Awesome site, DZ! I love the photos and everything else looked great as well.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Smile

Considering he used to work at a Planetarium, it's not surprising.

Though if you are a Star Trek fan (TNG specifically), you will find that his website name has another, more subtle connection to DZ's personality. For what was the defining characteristic of Aldebaran Whiskey (apart from the fact that it is green?). Yup - you get totally shit-faced when you drink it. Even Scotty got a good buzz off the stuff. Not unlike our pal "stumbles" when he encountered some cold Sake that Spec brought to SELEM several years ago, no?

After all, there's a reason that "* DZ" (without the space) is the code for

In fairness to DZ, the Sake that Spec brought was exceptionally smooth, and it came it 12 oz bottles, so one could be forgiven for thinking it was OK to drink it like a beer. But unbeknownst to everyone (except Spec), the stuff was actually quite a bit more potent than your average beer (like, 4 to 5 times stronger!), which is why our favorite astronomy geek was totally wasted after consuming 3.5 bottles of the stuff. He never knew what hit him. This is also the reason why we don't bring Sake to SELEM anymore!

That being said, I can't wait for the ILDA dynamic router. (Been waiting since the last FLEM!)

Adam

LOL! Probably not! The website sorta combines the two things I enjoy the most.

Buffo- I remember handing you my keys and Spec being kind enough to drive my sorry ass back to the hotel, I don't remember much else in between though. It was a great night!

I remember people looking for you (while you were napping on the floor in the balcony), and then finding you many hours later sitting outside on the steps by the school office having a smoke and just chilling out as if nothing had happened. That was crazy. And yeah, you had lost track of like 5 hours somehow...

I seem to remember giving your keys to someone else (maybe Displaser?), but presumably you got them back the next morning. That whole event was a blur for me as well (just like it is every year), but I do remember asking Spec to refrain from bringing that Sake again... (Dangerous stuff!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    LOL! Probably not! The website sorta combines the two things I enjoy the most.
    After a few PMs we've had about astrophotography, I just thought I would poke at ya! After this holiday season and also after you get the color mod finalized, I am looking to pick up one of your Z-5s.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

After a few PMs we've had about astrophotography, I just thought I would poke at ya! After this holiday season and also after you get the color mod finalized, I am looking to pick up one of your Z-5s.
    I look forward to making you one!

Speaking of color, the last few nights I've been playing around with external sync and I've got that running pretty good. Still have some tweaking to do and figure out how to bring this all together and finish up the project. Getting there!

How about a status update on the dynamic ILDA router?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    How about a status update on the dynamic ILDA router?

Adam
    Ditto!
    Not that I "need" one actually.
    Still, just knowing I could....

You accept PayPal, don't you?

AWESOME site, BTW!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....