Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice show found on FB.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That really IS a dilemma. We in the US suffer from what might be deemed Draconian rules for the rest of the world and yet, in a place like Belgium where there are no rules and nobody to turn to when you see obviously unsafe shows has it's equal problems.

I sort of don't think you'd experience a total ban on entertainment lasers since they are far more prominant there than in the US. You seem to have high powered laser shows all over Europe with great frequency whereas we have very few so, it's a much larger market and would have much more economic consequence for operators. I don't know how your governement(s) view that though, and it's relative importance.

I think the key here is still to educate. It's one of the things ILDA claims for it's main existence. When it crosses the line from stupidity to public safety hazard, at some point it should be able to become criminal. What none of us needs is an "incident" since with this age of the internet and global news being near instant, suddenly it's not just that Belgium should have had a laser safety official program... it's that panic flying through Facebook that sets in and that a "cat toy" is going to kill us all.

As has been said, the directive regarding laser use in the workplace will cover that. Think bar staff, security, acts, DJs, etc. Its unlikely anyone in at least one of those categories will avoid an exposure.
    Getting someone to take notice, and then action might be your biggest problem.

Ultimately, you could educate the people hiring them in. Club owners will likely be the person employing security, bar staff, etc and so it is them who need to ensure the worklace is safe (they are the employer), and will be in the firing line if someone is injured.
    This sort of info might help focus their minds when hiring laser shows, and ensure they are done safely.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

No one can not control what their clients do with their equipment, some one just posted a pic of audience scanning on the Pangolin Facebook page blasting people in the eye with 12watts, no PASS or anything, just 12watt beams into the crowd, and almost no one said anything about safety (except me).

I can't find the right words to comment....
    I only can say: those guys are "photonic criminals".
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

what really sucks is asshats like those are going to run it for all you EU guys eventually... you'll end up essentially no audience scanning a-la US of A