Thread: Prism Pairs with 445nm.... help anyone?

Default Prism Pairs with 445nm.... help anyone?

Hi,

I have no idea how to use prisms. They are about 80mm from the diodes, and I am getting 1/3 divergence of what I had (cool), although the beam is about 6mm so I might have to adjust for them to fit on my mirrors.

Are there 'magic angles' that I need to try to get? Should I be paying attention to distance between the prisms? All I did was look at a few pics for orientation, replicated it, and then nudged them till the beam was straight and an acceptable near-field size. They are ~80mm from the diodes, does this affect anything?

I suppose a foolproof method of optimising prism pairs would be great.. in an ideal world

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141216_173450.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	45718

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

start here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...4&d=1283181999

Quote Originally Posted by Humphry View Post
    Hi,

I have no idea how to use prisms. They are about 80mm from the diodes, and I am getting 1/3 divergence of what I had (cool), although the beam is about 6mm so I might have to adjust for them to fit on my mirrors.

Are there 'magic angles' that I need to try to get? Should I be paying attention to distance between the prisms? All I did was look at a few pics for orientation, replicated it, and then nudged them till the beam was straight and an acceptable near-field size. They are ~80mm from the diodes, does this affect anything?

I suppose a foolproof method of optimising prism pairs would be great.. in an ideal world

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141216_173450.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	45718
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thank you! So without getting too scientific about it, if I use the 56.775 angle template that's a pretty good trade-off between all the variables?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphry View Post
    Thank you! So without getting too scientific about it, if I use the 56.775 angle template that's a pretty good trade-off between all the variables?
    yes. there's always a trade off. the more you correct the beam, the more power you will loose from reflections off the prism.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

... someone tested concave mirrors for beam-shaping?

Would too 'punch' the beam in the horizontal tilting axis without much losses ...

Viktor