Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilt RGB pojector 1 Watt

Thumbs up

Hell yeah!

If I can't get the venue details hammered out in the next week or two for North Carolina, I'm going to fall back on my "backup" idea, which would put it here in Charleston. Details to follow soon. (As soon as I get them...)

But yeah, Fred offered me a deal that I couldn't refuse , so I'm going to get his optical table from the "mark 1" version of his projector that he had at FLEM in January. I've got that nice enclosure I purchased from MechEng3 that I'll be using to install everything into. I figure I'll be up and running with full RGB by the end of the month. (I'll need a full weekend to get everything installed into the new case and tested.)

Then I've got to spend about two straight days playing with the Pangolin software to really learn what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. (I confess that I still don't know enough to do the things I want to do, but I haven't had enough time to really sit down and learn the interface yet.)

Re: collective projects - yeah, that would be fun! But remember that I'm running the old QM-32 so while my file formats are compatible with the QM-2000, the QM-2000 format is not compatible with my board. Something to keep in mind...

Adam

PS: Fred - I couldn't view your pictures. The corporate firewall is blocking the ISP where you've got them hosted. I'll have to wait 'till I get home to see the new layout.

Question

Hey Adam,

What are you doing with you're "old" enclosure parts that you are replacing with with Fred's "old" parts?

FLEM II should be much more colorful than the first. I just got my tracking # from Lasever for a 150mW green. I'll have to turn it way down like MechEng does his blue, but it'll look a LOT better than the crappy green I got.

Adam, can the QM32 be used as a slave to a QM2000? If so, we should all get a 4 projector show going; if not a 3 projector show would still kick ass. or 4 with Paul's beast...

Hey Aaron;

The "old" projector will stay as is (monochrome green), though I might add a red to it later this summer. I also have another green laser mounted to a board that will soon have a red laser with it.

With the optical table from Fred, I'll eventually end up with three rigs. An RGB, and two RYG's. My plan is to run the RYG's off a different DAC (maybe the Alphalite), and run the RGB off the QM-32. Runn the full color in the center, and run RYG beams on either side (one projector will have the x signal inverted).

Of course, if I ever get one of my HGM Argon lasers working, then all bets are off!

I don't know if you can mix QM-32's and QM-2000's. My guess is probably not though.

Still, things should be very cool for SELEM this summer. (That is, assuming I can get the damn venue lined up!)

I'll call you when I get to Florida so we can get together and geek out.

Adam