Thread: nonclosed loup drivers

Default nonclosed loup drivers

I have a set of galvos scavenged from a very old laser disc player i just feed audio x an y, they are open loop and wont over heat like the newer ones. my question are there better galvos for this application? I like the pattern from music with heavy bass used along with my newer closed loop doing it's own thing. the problem is the older galvo is a moving coil and the flying leads break quite often as i accidentally have the sweep set too large, i am quick to fix it but it's annoying, are theye any systems that operate that way? maby a moving coil style with out feed back?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

G120 ran open loop. G124 ran open loop. If driving off a stereo you should have a limiting resistor equal or greater then the galvo coil's nominal impedance. Which for a G1xx wired with its coils in series is about seven ohms. These are fixed stator, moving rotor style galvos with no flexing coil wires. I have a pair of new G124 I can sell you at very low cost. PM me.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I tryed to send a message but i dont think it worked, i am interested, i replaced the leads on mine with the wire from a broken head set for my 2 meter ht, adds a little mass but they seem to be holding up better