Thread: Laser shows in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando areas

Question Laser shows in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando areas

The family may have some free time in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando over the next two weeks; I was just wondering if there were any standing laser shows in those areas that we should make an effort to see?

Check out Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT. The old gas system (R.I.P ) was replaced with brand spankin' new solid state projectors a few weeks ago. The islands in World Showcase Lagoon which had the giant bounce mirrors now have projectors on them as well! The extra tag they add to the show for the holidays is pretty spectacular!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    Check out Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at EPCOT. The old gas system (R.I.P ) was replaced with brand spankin' new solid state projectors a few weeks ago. The islands in World Showcase Lagoon which had the giant bounce mirrors now have projectors on them as well! The extra tag they add to the show for the holidays is pretty spectacular!
    was that done by LSDI? greg mentioned he was doing some laser work @ disney when i talked to him at ILDA.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Cool, thanks for the lead! Not sure if the 7yo and 2yo will be more interested in the magic kingdom vs. epcot, but I will see if we can swing over there for the show. With the little ones, I am guessing it is going to be very much 'play it by ear.'

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    was that done by LSDI? greg mentioned he was doing some laser work @ disney when i talked to him at ILDA.

The science center had a show some time back, but I just checked the schedule and they're not running any lasers now.
    EPCOT is the only one I can think of too.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    LOL!!!

Tribble - I haven't been there in years but the planetarium in Cocoa use to have an awesome laser show. Just did a quick search for their website and it looks like they're still running shows. I might have to make the trip down there myself. http://www.easternflorida.edu/commun...aser-shows.cfm

Cool! Might be able to make one of the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas shows. ��