Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kvant Clubmax 3000

Default Kvant Clubmax 3000

Haven't seen a whole lot on PL about this fixture, figured I'd throw up a couple of photos and a video, as well as my take.

Kvant delivered a great projector here. Nice tight beams, great colors leaning a little better towards pastels. The 506 scanners are great, the projector puts out some awesome graphics when needed, though we rarely use it for that. Attached a few photos and a video, in the video the Clubmax 3000 is the centerpiece, and cuts extremely well through a very bright demo setup including 8-10 Sharpies, LED heads and wall, etc. My apologies for it being a little shaky, was trying to operate the lasers while taping

Video Link:

http://youtu.be/68N7u_cN0ng
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PART_1417884103012_IMAG0167.jpg  

PART_1417795725452_IMAG0163.jpg  

PART_1417884129746_IMAG0165 copy.jpg  

PART_1417884159110_IMAG0162.jpg  

PART_1417884505493_IMAG0166.jpg  

Nice pics & Video.

Just a tip, separate the lasers from the other lighting and vice versa for maximum impact and effect. Lasers look best when on their own with no other competing lighting.

Yeah,

Unfortunately I flew in the night before from another show, so we were stuck adding the lasers to the existing rig instead of incorporating them into the initial design. Not ideal but we did what we could with the couple of hours we had. Thanks for the tip/feedback, much appreciated.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm... I'm noticing something here. In pics 1 and 5, are you using Quickshow cues to produce those fan effects and... if so, do you know which ones?

I'm playing the antagonizer here for a minute. The termination point appears to be a dot with a line running through the middle. Not long ago when this was being reported by others, it was suggested to be the scanners. Since these are 506's, I'm curious as to why we may be seeing that with these projectors as well. A workaround was adjusting lowering the blanking settings and scan rate.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-Show-question

There is a video Bill made that I can't find, trying to demonstrate that it's the scanners so... I'm wondering why you appear to have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Humm... I'm noticing something here. In pics 1 and 5, are you using Quickshow cues to produce those fan effects and... if so, do you know which ones?

I'm playing the antagonizer here for a minute. The termination point appears to be a dot with a line running through the middle. Not long ago when this was being reported by others, it was suggested to be the scanners. Since these are 506's, I'm curious as to why we may be seeing that with these projectors as well. A workaround was adjusting lowering the blanking settings and scan rate.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-Show-question

There is a video Bill made that I can't find, trying to demonstrate that it's the scanners so... I'm wondering why you appear to have the same issue.
    I've actually been in touch with Pangolin about it and have had some results in tweaking the blanking points in the cue properties as was suggested. There's a few cues that haven't responded to that, so it's not a perfect fix but definitely appears to be solveable and not a hardware issue.

Last I heard they are working on a more permanant fix to send out in a future update. I have seen similar issues in my Xlaser mobile beats so I'm inclined to think it's not the scanners, but I'm also not an expert in that area. Also to be clear I'm using a recent Beyond build, of course including some cues from Quickshow as you saw.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Thanks. I felt the same way that it wasn't the scanners but an issue with Quickshow/Beyond instead. That hypothesis was dismissed by Bill and he tried to prove it was cheap scanners. I hadn't had a chance to test it on my Kvants with 6215's yet so I was intrigued to see (and now hear about) it with the 506's in light of Bills video.

I think it's a complex issue because I can totally see cheap scanners having caused this in the past, it would make some sense, so there could absolutely be some truth to that. As one of my Mobile Beats has aged, it's gotten some severe curling tails off every beam. That one is going back in on an RMA soon, following the one we just got back... Regardless, I'm glad there's a software fix in this case because I get a much more intense beam when all the energy is focused properly, you can see the difference as soon as it's corrected.

Hi guys,

Regarding the specific Clubmax that was noted for having a problem, I'd once again need to see the cue, see the projector, investigate, etc.

We've got an updated workspace, and we'll also be making the default settings in QS and BEYOND more conservative, so that they will look good on all scanners, regardless of the performance level.

We're just finishing up some new code for QS and also some documentation for BEYOND and then we will post new versions.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 12-20-2014 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi guys,

We've got an updated workspace, and we'll also be making the default settings in QS and BEYOND more conservative, so that if they're used on scanners with poor large-signal performance, they will still look good.

We're just finishing up some new code for QS and also some documentation for BEYOND and then we will post new versions.

Bill
    Bill- where is it going to be posted? On the pangolin forums? Or here on PL also?

Alexey and I spoke about -- since this is so close to Christmas (and since we are updating both software and the workspace), we should probably do a "pre-release" first -- just incase there is a problem or new bug injected that we don't know about. Although we've tested the software pretty well and believe that these versions are improvements over the past, we would not want to accidentally put out software that winds up disabling a Christmas or new-years show...

For that reason I'll put a pre-release notification here on PL. The updated software and workspace will be a full download (a few hundred MB) placed on our web as usual. BEYOND install will be much larger, because of the new workspace and also because we have 50 document files and more goodies...

QS version is 2.7. BEYOND version is 2.0.

Bill