Thread: Don't you just hate it when....

Default Don't you just hate it when....

...you're well into a 'groove' of construction, only to be held up by something you don't have.

For me, I was about to mount new modules to the baseplate yesterday, and despite having a LOT of M3, M4 and M5 fastenings, the longest M4 I had available was a 16mm, and I really need a 20mm to get more than a turn into the baseplate!

Ordered 100 and hopefully here tomorrow.

Snapped drill bits are also somewhat deflating.

So, what stuff stops you in your tracks?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

506 scanner amps.

A missing IR filter found taped to the underside of my arm after frantically looking for it for hours

Thinking I can do things when in reality I don't have a feckin' clue!
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Doing tedious work, like soldering a bunch of connections on a db25, and having to use the little boys room. Yes, I know, it sounds silly but when you're in the "groove" and you only have 10 more connections to solder, you just want to get it done but your body is telling you otherwise. If you continue to work, you end up doing the pee dance and your concentration is thrown out the window and you just say "F&*K IT!" and stop anyway. Only takes a small amount of time to go and do your business but you have to stop everything, go do it and come back 2 minutes later and try to get back into the groove for only a few more minutes of tedious work.

I too hate running to the hardware store for something ridiculous like a lack of washers or something to that effect.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Not having a common piece of stock material that I thought I had and deciding whether to wait for the next convenient delivery and a simple 15 minute machining job or forging ahead and removing 75% of the material from the big hunk that I DO have for that one part.

YES!!!!! I don't even mind the tedious soldering. It's always something really small and silly that you know you should have bought when you were there.

On the positive side, isn't it AMAZING when you really desperately need, let's say an oversized washer that you are sure you don't have, but then find exactly what you need. I want to hug my past self in those moments.

By the way, I now have an organised box with M4 and M3 screws from 4mm to 30mm in increments of two. Saves me every time.

Available $$$$ for toys comes to mind and noticing I had forgotten to buy
    more Weller tips when I had taken the last one I had in stock.

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

speaking of weller tips i would add that forgetting to unplug my portable iron for a long enough period to corrode the tip away