Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Awsome Christmas Lights

Default Crazy Awsome Christmas Lights

I heard about this guy on the radio this morning and had to look it up.
    I wouldn't want to be his neighbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5dfpe_-Lgg

2 things:

1. I wonder what the IP rating is on those movers
    2. Would love to see someone rock out on that drum set. I wonder if it's set to trigger lights as you play it...

Geez. I have enough trouble storing my Halloween decorations. Where do you think this guy stores the ginormous guitar and keyboard the rest of the year?
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Over the top...good! As I look at the house then the lights then the house again, it made me wonder if the house was just a prop to enhance the lights.

I'm not suggesting it's just another inflatable from those big box stores, but the lights don't look like decoration for the house, but the house as a scaffold for the lights. I don't really like it except...it is over the top.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Having watched the television show once with the Christmas Light Fight, I'm a little suprised it made the cut. It's "ok" and a bit over the top but, the stuff I've seen on that show is AMAZING.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

"I am a music/teacher director for a living "

Damn music teachers must get paid a LOT in the states... Those moving heads don't look cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    2 things:

1. I wonder what the IP rating is on those movers
    Almost all movers are not IP rated for anything more than a light mist, the ones on top of that house are enclosed in an inflatable rain cover that protects the fixture from the elements.

He said he is using about 12,500 channels. I'm not a lighting guy, but this seems wrong to me. Does anyone else think this number is off by a factor of 100. It just seems to me that you could do the same thing with 1250 channels easily.
    Unless I'm missing something.

Oh yea. What's an IP rating?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

He's probably using separate RGB channels for each LED.

IP is international protection. The first number is the protection level against dust or objects, the second number is protection against water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    He said he is using about 12,500 channels. I'm not a lighting guy, but this seems wrong to me. Does anyone else think this number is off by a factor of 100. It just seems to me that you could do the same thing with 1250 channels easily.
    Jeez, that's 25 universes! Each moving head could easily take up 20 channels or more. The trees and such all wired individually could take up a ton of channels as well, depending on how efficiently the values in each channel were used. I would have guessed 4-6 universes for that set-up, but again, who knows how efficient the devices are with their use of values.

In any case, I really appreciate this guy's attention to detail with his show programming. Beautiful stuff!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"