Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Channel Analogue Diode Driver

Red face 3 Channel Analogue Diode Driver

With the single mode RGB diode bundle from DTR being very popular lately, me and others started wondering if someone will come up with a 3 channel low power diode driver to power those 3 diodes. 1A/channel would suffice. Now before jumping in and commenting with a "just use a dual channel and a single channel driver" reply, let me say this: the main aim of a small rgb build using those 3 famous diodes is to make it as compact as possible and eventually lower cost than the expensive high power laser projectors.. I find it a bit stupid to go get a dual channel driver and another flexmod for example or use a huge stan ham driver for the remaining diode. The reason I started this thread is to see if there is someone that could design a small, low power analogue diode driver and offer it here for a reasonable price(maybe sell the PCB only and let people buy the components on their own ). Let's take Dave's dual channel diode driver for example ( lasershowparts ). Wouldn't it be quite fair to make a 3ch one which outputs max 1A on each channel and offer it for about the same price as the dual channel one? I am no electronics expert but I think this should be quite easy.. Again this is only an example about Dave's driver. I am not asking him to make my wish come true, but some others refused to do it as far as I remember..
    The discussion about such a driver has been quite extensive in and out of the forums lately, so I thought this deserved its own thread...
    Maybe start a FEELER and then a possible GB? That would be very neat.. That would require an existing design though, but you get the idea :P

Merry Christmas and happy holidays
    ( please excuse possible mistakes in my english )
    Peter
    Last edited by Elektrotechniker; 12-29-2014 at 14:34.

If my memory serves (which it doesn't always), I believe a member called BadPip used to supply a quad channel driver. However there was a lot of posts regarding non delivery of said item and I don't think it is available any more.
    I for one would buy a couple triple channel drivers to replace the 3 channel TTL driver boards currently in my modded KAM projectors, in order to add analogue modulation (I'd have to change the DPSS greens for diodes as well), since space is a premium inside those things.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I believe bbe has a quad driver available too.
    I started a similar thread about a Tri channel driver too and it didn't get a great response I recall.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I will be needing a lot of 3 channel drivers for personal use shortly which ill design up, I guess I better try to keep the design useful to more people than just me
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I'm looking for a nice 3ch driver for said diode combo, too. I've seen duals and quads, but somehow no one seems to make a proper 3ch driver...

I believe it's because single colour modules made of multiple diodes are usually made with multiples of 2
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I will be needing a lot of 3 channel drivers for personal use shortly which ill design up, I guess I better try to keep the design useful to more people than just me
    Hi Dave,
    got my anamorphic prism pair i ordered on ebay from you, thanks! Any idea how long it will be till you have these 3ch drivers you are working on ready? Roughly estimated. Would be great to know!

Petros

Any updates on a possible driver?

Hi!
    We have 1/2 and 3ch drivers (5-12V input), each 0-1 or 0-2.5A , threshold, standbybeam surpression, without tec.
    Shoot me a PM if interested, have a huge overstock here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	datei_1433152098.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	47201
    Best regards,
    Phil

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM sent... looking for specs as well.