Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effects Glass

Default Effects Glass

Do you guys have any good sources for effect glass and gratings?
    Star filters, hot dot patterns, linear , Nebula and Aurora ( Types of Lumia)..
    Ever hear of Dimple Glass? We used to use that one.. Very cool.. Basicall that one was like a nebula, but had only One big dimple in the glass...

I got some rather nice patterned clear art glass off eBay.

COOL, I will watch for it on EBAY....

Need to make myself a little effects wheel with some cool effects...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

You can get some of the best effects with boring every day objects and "interesting" placement

http://photonlexicon.com/hostedconte...nced.lumia.avi

my *trick* to that one is a cut crystal drinking glass, its shown in the video

Hey Spec, Cool Effect.. I remember spending Hrs trying different objects and finding some cool stuff... Kinda hard to mount some of it though, so it never made it into shows....

I guess the stuff im looking for is mainly holographic and diffractive stuff..
    6 point satr filters, Wide space DG , Tight DG, Linears and radial fx.. That stuff..Usually came in sheets and you could cut pieces off for mounting on wheels or fx arms
    I will keep lookin!

P.S. Cool Avatar, How did youdo it? It looks like 3 rectangles Sphere wrapped and xyz rotated....
    www.laser-ad.com

There was a guy on ebay selling "pre mounted" diffraction gratings in slide projector housings... Ill see if I can track down his email for you and get him on PL

The avatar: I didnt make it! I dont remember who did or what site i got it from but the look of it said "keeper". One day Ill make a show incorporating those pieces running around a sphere or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    I guess the stuff im looking for is mainly holographic and diffractive stuff..
    Carey;

I've had really good luck buying these "diffraction glasses" off E-bay. They are paper disposable glasses intented to be sold to the public at a laser show - worn once, and then discarded.

The lenses are cheap plastic holographic film. You can cut out the lenses and hot-glue them to just about anything to make instant diffraction grating effects.

I've found a few different types of lenses. Some are line gratings, and some are grid style gratings. (Think of a tic-tac-toe board of beams, and you've got the idea...) Personally, I like the grid style better. (Like the ones in the link above.)

I don't know how much power they can handle, but from personal experience they can handle a couple hundred mw at least! They are really cheap (like $1 a pair if you buy them in lots of 10 or more), so you can buy several and just experiment without breaking the bank.

Good luck!

Adam

Thansk for that.. I will search some out.. High space diffraction and 6 point star filter buing first prioritys
    www.laser-ad.com

Hey Carey,

I can custom manufacture various Lumia wheels either mounted on 1 RPM motors or standalone " you save $$ and you mount them " .

Anyone interested PM me.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover
    Hey Carey,

I can custom manufacture various Lumia wheels either mounted on 1 RPM motors or standalone " you save $$ and you mount them " .

Anyone interested PM me.

Rick
    intrested yes
    So you have motor and the glass?
    I`m intrested maybe..

I have a "lumia" , a old motor from a disco-ball , and a custom cutted glass..

And I use it on a 100mW red laser

But to mount inside my laser scanner i think i need a more stabile lumia motor :roll: