Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Coherent Compass 315m or similar for Holography. In UK

Laser Warning Wanted Coherent Compass 315m or similar for Holography. In UK

Hello

I'm looking for a laser for holography(green). Preferably one with a long coherence length and reasonable power, >75mw. Something along the lines of a Coherent Compass 315 or similar.
    I'm based in the UK and would like to buy local or Europe if I can as the import duty and VAT from the USA etc works out quite expensive. That said I am open to anything at the right price.

Kind Regards
    Grayham

Hi Grayham

Your best bet is to contact any of the following...

Dave Battin
    Phil Bergeron
    Sam Goldwasser

All the above are in the States though. Failing that keep an eye out on eBay, C315m's do pop up from time to time.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I have two of these that I have been wanting to sell one of them. One is complete with the coherent driver, small custom made heat sink and
    self start dongle. It will easily output 100mw. single mode. I can sell this laser for $1000.00.
    The second laser is also a 315m-100, just the bare laser which will also output a 100mw beam. No driver is included. This laser was modified a very
    long time ago and the "Profile" circuit board has been removed. No damage was done to the hermetic seals in this drastic laser surgery. I used it
    in a previous projector using two wavelength electronic temperature controllers and a 2A laser driver. It outputs a very nice beam I can sell this one for $600.00
    I will ship free to US destinations, and actual cost to international destinations.
    Laserbiker

Hi Jem

I am currently talking to Phil Bergeron and I have messaged Dave Battin via Facebook but have not had a response just yet.
    I am hoping for something closer to home but from what I have read I cant go wrong with the contacts you suggested.

Thank you & Kind Regards
    Grayham

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi Grayham

Your best bet is to contact any of the following...

Dave Battin
    Phil Bergeron
    Sam Goldwasser

All the above are in the States though. Failing that keep an eye out on eBay, C315m's do pop up from time to time.

Cheers

Jem

Laserbiker

I sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by laserbiker View Post
    I have two of these that I have been wanting to sell one of them. One is complete with the coherent driver, small custom made heat sink and
    self start dongle. It will easily output 100mw. single mode. I can sell this laser for $1000.00.
    The second laser is also a 315m-100, just the bare laser which will also output a 100mw beam. No driver is included. This laser was modified a very
    long time ago and the "Profile" circuit board has been removed. No damage was done to the hermetic seals in this drastic laser surgery. I used it
    in a previous projector using two wavelength electronic temperature controllers and a 2A laser driver. It outputs a very nice beam I can sell this one for $600.00
    I will ship free to US destinations, and actual cost to international destinations.
    Laserbiker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bare 315m-100.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	45866pictures of my 315m-100 lasers for sale Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315m-100system.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	972.8 KB 
ID:	45863

Graham...

$1000 is a good price for a C315m with driver and autostart dongle. You could perhaps do to know the exact power output and what the pump diode current is set to. This will give an indication as to the health of the pump diode.

I'd perhaps be inclined to have it shipped without the heatsink as it's no good for holography with a fan fitted (unless it's in the room next door ;-)). You can easily find a suitable heatsink to mount it on over here in the UK.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem

I spoke to Laserbiker via PM and the 100mw lock light comes on as does 112mw if need be. $1000 is a good price but I do have to factor in roughly $300 dollars shipping, duty vat ect. Plus a PSU and heat sink. I have spoken to Laser biker and I am going to wait a week and see if anything closer to home turns up.

Thanks for your input it is useful

Kind Regards
    Grayham

STILL LOOKING for a Coherent compass 315 or similar pref UK/Europe please only due to vat, duty etc.

Default Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Grayham View Post
    STILL LOOKING for a Coherent compass 315 or similar pref UK/Europe please only due to vat, duty etc.
    The 315M-100 for $1K is a good deal even with the $300 added on for pond skipping. As I told you we charge $1,500 for tested SLM healthy basic systems. Best of luck, Phil and Sam
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)