Thread: Wanted: OEM RGB diode laser module

Default Wanted: OEM RGB diode laser module

Does anyone have a contact (link) for those little OEM RGB laser modules that were for sale on eBay a while ago. I think they were about 1 watt in total power. If possible analogue modulation would be best although I could possibly use a TTL if that's all that is available.

I seem to remember that build quality was a bit dubious and they were pretty cheap. I've got this idea in my head and just need something cheap to test it out .

Thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Not shure if this is the one you are thinking about:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-1000mW-L...item35cc753c79
    I have got one of those with "analogo" modulation. The green is a 532nm so not a clean diode, and the red 638nm is more or less a red flashlight.

For beams it`s OK, but i recommend the 400mW version. Mine is quite tight and looks more or less like a single mode LD module. Tight and nice. The tight beams makes it look almost as bright as the 1000mW brick.

Best of luck with your project.

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Thanks Espen, that's really helpful.

I'm currently talking to a PL member here in the UK who may be able to help me out.

Thanks again

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001