Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Adjustable Mirror Mount

yes I do own two cnc mills.

but what I was getting it is if I get a quote for 100x 1 part it will be one price. if I get a quote for 100x 2 parts is very likely to be twice as expensive and if I get a price for 100x 3 parts its going to be 3 times as expensive.

I designed these for me not an attempt to make loads of money, you will note I sell very little on the forum. so not even sure if I will end up selling these. suppose I could get a load made to make the price cheaper and then sell a few on.

I design and make things to suit my needs not other peoples, although I am aware these will benefit others as well
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

This is coming from someone still new to projectors, but is the space you save by having it top adjust really that significant? It seems to me its only shaving down essentially the width of your allen key, so a cm or two, and all the projectors I have seen have plenty of room to spare on the adjustment side of the mounts. Though you certainly do plenty of multi diode modules, so I could understand the want to save space in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    really? your clearly not a machinist?

machining 3 parts take 3 times as long as machining one part so its 3 times as expensive
    well technically the machines are doing all the work, and you probably don't have to pay them so there fore they should sell for cost of materials only. (note: the sarcasm following the logic of others)

by your own logic, my mount had two parts you said worth 6.00 max...yours has three parts should be 9.00 max. (sarc)

Maybe you could have them made in China and lower the price considerably (sarc)

Nice mount, I hope it works for your applications
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

This is coming from someone still new to projectors, but is the space you save by having it top adjust really that significant? It seems to me its only shaving down essentially the width of your allen ke
    This is true, but these Allen keys have to be inserted into the socket head and the hole in the screw is often hard to find. Then, the swing of the arm of the key often interferes with other components and this is probably the bigger issue. Also, the ability to rotate the foot allows you to place the hold down slot where you can access it. Often the optic on the 45 degree face completely hides the slot when it is under that component.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    This is true, but these Allen keys have to be inserted into the socket head and the hole in the screw is often hard to find. Then, the swing of the arm of the key often interferes with other components and this is probably the bigger issue. Also, the ability to rotate the foot allows you to place the hold down slot where you can access it. Often the optic on the 45 degree face completely hides the slot when it is under that component.
    if your layout is right...you don't need top adjustable mounts...(for anything under 16 diodes)...its a novelty at best....
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

if your layout is right...you don't need top adjustable mounts...(for anything under 16 diodes)...its a novelty at best....

If you build a projector to be compact then access to top adjustable mounts is definitely an asset. Large hardware manufacturers such as Thorlabs,Siskiyou and Newport all make these and I wouldn't accuse a researcher who designs an experiment that relies on some of these that he "did it wrong".

https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppag...ctgroup_id=227

http://www.siskiyou.com/mirror-mount...le_ixfta.shtml

http://www.newport.com/Top-Adjust-Mi...1033/info.aspx

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Lest we forget... it's nice to be able to keep your fingers the heck out of the way! Cuts down on the amount of, "Ouch! Sonofabitch!" when building too.

many good reason for top adjustable mounts, one no one has come up with yet but that's for another day.

projectors aside, they are good for keeping big multi diode builds smaller
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

finally got round to making version 2, much happier with the movement on this one

only thing is, is the head wants to twist slightly due to the force from the spring, so I need to work on this next for a version 3. also not checked stability yet, still wanting to get the design perfect first
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Looking good. cant wait for you to get this finished.