Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Analog abstracts Z plane rotation?

This is what I use:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZAxizRot.bmp 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	46337

2208s are not impossible to find, you have to null all the offsets to zero with all the trim pots after grounding all the inputs and then it just works.

Thanks- That looks like it will do it! I use 2208's in the multiplier section of my abstract generator- I like the way fooling with the offsets skews the image. On my console I have the offsets tied to joysticks on the front panel. You gotta buffer them though, because the op amp in the 2208 is fragile. Very fragile- I lost a few before I buffered them.
    I have been able to get 2208's from Chinese suppliers thru Ali Baba for about $1.50 ea in 50 quantities. You can also get 8038's for about the same price. The 2208's you find on Ebay come from China mostly.
    I'm still fooling around with the AD-633, though, just to prove to myself Gary's circuit is viable. The unused inputs need to be grounded, and you have to have a 10X gain stage on the output.
    I really appreciate your input- when time permits, I will post my complete rotation stage with x, y and z stages (tested, of course).
    Thanks

Now I'm wondering what would happen if you played with the offsets on your circuit! So many circuits, so little time.................