Thread: Cautionary Tale of Cheapo Chicom lasers

Default Cautionary Tale of Cheapo Chicom lasers

I just recieved another LD 1500mw RBG projector today for repair.
    Galvo Amp burned.. was 15kpps scanner set and was being used in a nightclub in portland. Software was set at 35kpps! (fb3). I was plugged in a ceiling socket with a light switch used to turn it on and off. The power spike caused the galvos and amp to burnup, the control board too. With NO SCAN FAILSAFE, it locked in white as the chicom control board fried. the galvo amp dies, and with no mechanical shutter the white laser shines into the eyes of a person there. Although the exposure was momentary, it did leave them with a solar burn on their retina that will take weeks to heal back.
    When I tell him how much it is to put a scanfail and shutter, and it wont do the patterns anymore. The owner says, "thats how much I paid for the laser!!" I asked him how much it was for the medical bill. Hes replacing the laser. Medialas looks like the next candidate.

I am asking in a very serious and non-confrontational manner...

But aren't you the one who *JUST* posted a "group buy" thread regarding purchasing illegal and cheap chinese lasers for USA buyers? And didnt you proceed in that same thread to stress to many other professionals in that thread how you are going to ruin their business and undercut them with show and equipment pricing? And weren't you also the one who was blasting other USA members/pros who were trying to caution you to the fact that said equipment is in fact illegal/non compliant/un-safe to use here in the USA?

Again, im honestly asking, as I do not have time right now to try to dig the thread up and see if it was indeed you or not.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Yes it was... If you bothered to read.. it would have been great replacement lasers for our projectors... but no one got that point.

WOW..
    15 chars..,
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

but no one got that point
    To be fair, having gone and read the thread, the point was a bit lost amongst the 'taking over the world, your business, and family...be afraid!!!!' craziness.
    Did you have one too many Megalomania pills that day?

I have no particular concern with US laws (being outside of the US myself, and feel they are a little draconian) but your approach to the situation was 'interesting' to say the least.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

i only to a half a pill of world domination., and accidently used My wifes hemoroid cream instead if the toothpaste. I still cant get the tsate outta my mouth. they should make the lables more clearer.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    i only to a half a pill of world domination., and accidently used My wifes hemoroid cream instead if the toothpaste. I still cant get the tsate outta my mouth. they should make the lables more clearer.
    ...you might also try laying off the mushrooms for awhile?...

Utterly brilliant satirical-thread, btw. Sooo very-powerful, wow...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I found them, thanks! This is great work, and will save me a lot of effort.
    We provide fast success in ccna security dumps dumps exam by using our high quality ccnp exam code prep resources. We offer up-to-dated ccie rs and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success in our United States Army Command & General Staff College

mushrooms are great by the way....