Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New triangle mirrormount

its just a notification to anyone that are interested in this design so people know that i have send winnie the design also. I could have done a batch of 100 or 200 pieces but the price would be arround 30usd since they are locally made and there should be some profit to make it worth doing it. That profit would be invested in development of new things that we all need but people want things for 5usd so i decided to make the design Public. That means also to chinese so they can manufacture it. I don,t care who manufactures them aslong as i can buy them from someone. If the chinese picks up the design everyone is happy because they will be 5usd......

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

@lightlinked,

could you please tell me which drawing tool you use ?
    I tried several Programms where Demos are availible but found no one i really like :-)
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

@guido

It looks like solidworks
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

It's Solidworks. Inventor is good too. I pixelated it to troll a lil' both are CAM solidmodelers for mechanical / industrial design. Its a different mindset than autocad or 3ds max

Edison:

I've put few mounts into mill and I got them today. Very sad they were not correctly made so it is difficult to examine the result.

Since this design is inspired by your original , I will explain a bit about it, just like you I would like to share it with everyone in the community. So if any one thinks it would work can try by himself.

See Pics.

This mount uses all vertical adjustable screws to realize the adjustment, the difference is there are 3 screws on top of the head. So the two screws on the arm will affect both horizontal and vertical movement. It is little tricky but it will work. I had experience. You just need to pay attention not only one screw while doing and one quickly get used to this mechanism.

Another tricky point (might be a flaw of this design) is the 2 screws on the arm are suppose to land on the M4's cap. So you have to tight M4 into position first and it then become a landing platform for the 2 screws. On the drawing the screw feet land on it but they landed just half… If there is a M4 with cap bigger than usual then it works perfectly. But even a half landed one will work.

Unfortunately all sample I got made were not so accurate, the best I got 1 screw half landed and the other totally sank.

Merit of this design is top-drive for all screws, and M4 screw hided in the structure so it doesn't take extra room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2572.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	46251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2575.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	46252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2577.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	46253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2579.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	708.8 KB 
ID:	46250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm1.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	46248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm2.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	46249
    Last edited by sean; 02-05-2015 at 19:52. Reason: typo

Thanks sean. Looks interesting. The bennefit of a standard flexmount and also the one i posted is that the X and Y movement are seperate. But the one i posted is more difficult to mill at least that what OPT said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flexmount.png  

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!