Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New triangle mirrormount

Default New triangle mirrormount

Hello Guys

Recently there was a discussion going on what the price should be of a good quallity dichro/knivedge mount in pat,s mount review that turned quickly into a mudfight. Without going further in discussion the fact is still that they are not longer available.

I have designed in the past a triangle mirrormount that i didn,t sell commercially because of the same reasons that laserman stopped selling them. Not worth the effort in making them available for the general public since it has to be 5usd to compete with guys that do milling in their free time , china etc. And when you sell a few they get copied anyway.

Below a perfect example of this:

http://quantaphysics.free.fr/article.php?pcs=12

Not even a thank you or sending me a few samples........

So to be a step ahead i decided to "help the community" a bit. Below a top-screw version flexmount knive-edge design that everyone can improve, copy or get it manufactured in china. Its not tested or manufactured yet but i,m sure someone wants to give it a shot.
    Completely in one piece so dirt cheap to manufacture.

Lets see if someone steps up to the plate and starts doing them for 5usd and sits behind his mill all day.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dichromount only push screws 2.png  

Last edited by edison; 01-09-2015 at 16:07.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Thank you Edison!
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I cut out some machining operations, imaginary still...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	284.3 KB 
ID:	46035Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	46036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	46037

Nice design but you still have to get at the back of the mount with an allen key to adjust the x axis.

I like the rounded middle bending part. I removed them because when the mount lays on the side they can mill it in one go. The head is a bit big in height but other then i see the progress. Good work lightlinked

Thanks!
    This push push thing sounds good to me, so here is another config in imagination land. the slots are .125" in these assuming a ball nose but could be done without by flipping it. It's an inch tall for this one but of course it's all parametric in the model so it could be anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fm1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	46038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fm2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	46039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fm3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	46040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fm4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	46041

Edison, thanks for sharing.

Haven't been posting in this forum a long time. But I assure you if one day I make some of this in China I will send you some samples, for free.

Thanks sean, that is very generous. lightlinked , i,m not fan of the last one you made because of the thin base and the vertical movement in the top. But good to see you think outside the box. By the way the last design already excists.

I have send the design to winnie from great stage laser (formely working at goldenstar) so there maybe a chance that she will be manufacturing it when there is interest. You may contact her directly.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I have send the design to winnie from great stage laser (formely working at goldenstar) so there maybe a chance that she will be manufacturing it when there is interest. You may contact her directly.
    to whom you are replying? me?

I have amended your design from original and put few samples to millings, I will show you when done. It should be able to make all adjustments from the top if manufactured correctly.