Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lumia wheel speed?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pflugerville, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Lumia wheel speed?

    What is a good speed (rpm) for one of these? I need to buy a motor that will work. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    What is a good speed (rpm) for one of these? I need to buy a motor that will work. Thanks.
    Hankscraft .5 RPM is nice.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Hankscraft-DC-mo...QQcmdZViewItem

    I know the guy, he is a very reliable seller, though not always very responsive to emails.

    David

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pflugerville, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Thanks. I snagged one of them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    denver,co
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Thanks for the link!! Looking at his for sale items was more looking through a old photo album. Brings back my planetarium days!

    Thanks


    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Thanks for the link!! Looking at his for sale items was more looking through a old photo album. Brings back my planetarium days!

    Thanks
    Ha! That it does, how many auctions on ebay can you find that have an entire planetarium dome in a box for sale or an MS-10 for that matter. He's a neat guy to work with too, I did some contract work for him many years ago and it was great fun tearing a theater apart and putting it all back together again. So what theater did you work at?

    David

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    denver,co
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Gates Planetarium, Denver, CO
    I Started volunteering when I was 14 ( I am 34 now, ugh) and was a staff guy for two years. Gates is responsible for my laser addiction

    A couple of years ago they totally gutted Gates and rebuilt it from ground up, totally state of the art. It turned out very well. Any way I could have had the dome if I took it down and also the Minolta. My problem was I didn't have a place to store it. I always wanted to build a night club with that stuff.. I did get the telsa from the zap show

    Chad


    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Gates Planetarium, Denver, CO
    I Started volunteering when I was 14 ( I am 34 now, ugh) and was a staff guy for two years. Gates is responsible for my laser addiction

    A couple of years ago they totally gutted Gates and rebuilt it from ground up, totally state of the art. It turned out very well. Any way I could have had the dome if I took it down and also the Minolta. My problem was I didn't have a place to store it. I always wanted to build a night club with that stuff.. I did get the telsa from the zap show

    Chad
    Ha! Just like the late Alexander Breast (Planetarium) is responsible for my addiction. I started there when I was 16, now I'll be 30 in a day, where has the time gone... Best job I've ever had, just didn't pay anything. Sadly, the theater now needs a complete overhaul as it has been just run into the ground. And there seems to be no interest on the part of the museum to do anything about it, except patch work. Last I heard they ran for some time with no southern hemisphere stars and now aparently no bright stars. Shame really, its a great instrument, just not very well cared for. Good job getting the tesla coil! I would have drove from florida to pickup the minolta had I known, wife wouldn't have been happy, but it would have looked great in my garage I think!

    David

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S.E. Florida
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    Ha! Just like the late Alexander Breast (Planetarium) is responsible for my addiction. I started there when I was 16, now I'll be 30 in a day, where has the time gone...
    David

    Happy Birthday
    I`ll be the big 50 tomorrow.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Happy Birthday
    I`ll be the big 50 tomorrow.
    Heh, Dont remind me... I just turned that a few weeks ago
    Man, Its so hard to believe I made it this far
    And, Where did all the time go ? EEK

    Happy birthday guys Rock on
    Last edited by marconi; 04-25-2007 at 11:19.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S.E. Florida
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marconi View Post
    He, Dint remind me... I just turned that a few weeks ago
    Man, Its so hard to believe I made it this far
    And, Where did all the time go ? EEK

    Happy birthday guys Rock on

    Thanks and a happy one to you as well.

    Maybe under our names it should say old fart instead of senior member
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •