Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBS on MIRROR MOUNT. Adjust?

Default PBS on MIRROR MOUNT. Adjust?

Hi guys!
    Sorry for my newbie doubt.

I want to glue some PBS on this mirror mount.. once again PBS is glued, it covers completely the foot adjustment screw (x axis?),
    So, first, I think I should loosen a bit foot screw in order to displace the mount to intersect perfectly crossing beams, for good NF aligment,
    but then...how to tighten foot screw? should I remove the mount where cube is glued, then tighten foot, and mount cube again?

If so, when foot is hard tighten, how to loosen a bit to fine adjust x-axis for good FF and tighten again?

Is there an special procedure I have not discovered? maybe I need 'side' foot mirror mounts?
    Many thanks

Jordi
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5671.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	46054

Can you move the smaller mounting part to the other side of the base, so the foot screw is not obstructed?

Thanks Photon
    Yes of course, but footprint size increases. I'd like smaller footprint possible. ALso, if footscrew is not under the cube, I fear I could loose NF alignment while fine 'rotating' the mount for x-axis FF adjust...isn't it?
    Last edited by jors; 01-15-2015 at 10:29.

It's not the right mount for the job
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy, what type of micro mount do you suggest? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    It's not the right mount for the job

one designed to be used with a cube.

I have my own designs so...

dave used to sell a mirror mount designed for cubes not sure he still does though
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

haha make sense, but I don't have milling machine and skills, so need to buy.
    I have some flexmounts from Dave here, in fact, used them for PBS in my first projector, but want to try other options as well
    so I would be grateful to receive options and suppliers please
    thnks!
    Last edited by jors; 01-15-2015 at 11:55.

I seem to remember Lasever had Reverse foot PBS cube mounts !!! Maybe Dave/LSP has'em too ??? One could modify a standard Flexmount....by attaching.... say a 2mm brass stock.... "foot"....which would extend out the backside of the standard flexmount...and make the mount into a reverse foot !! Just a thought if you can handle the increase in overall elevation.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I use Dave's Flexmounts for mounting PBS cubes. These are no less stable than when mounting mirrors or prisms to the Flexmounts. The weight is trivial in all cases, the increased clearance under the cube compared to the image still allows you to adjust the mounting hold down screw. I have had to shorten the short arm on the Allen wrench for increased clearance. But, if you have the room, then I'd get a Newport, MM-1 or better, a Thorlab's:
    https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppag...ectgroup_id=52

Ok. Many thanks Planters, CDBEAM