Thread: Viasho 1 & 2 watt DPSS low output

Default Viasho 1 & 2 watt DPSS low output

Hello!
    We've got some viasho dpss lasers that need some fixing. I've got four (qty) 1 watt and two 2 watt heads that have low output. All the 1 watts mode hop like crazy. The 2 watt ones just have low output. Using a current clamp it gets 6.5 amps. There is a tiny nick on the KTP face. temps seem ok, it looks like it comes up to like 85 F where the crystals are. I'm leaning towards zombied diodes since the output is around 200 mw on these things. I'm not sure what to do now. What commonly breaks in these things? Are there replacement diodes? I don't think they are C mount. I'd be willing to get a whole set of crystals and diode since we have a few of these things, depending on the cost. Some pics in the meantime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9490.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	45967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9491.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	45968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9502.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	45970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9499.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	45969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9503.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	45971

Hi,
    I think diodes are Oclaro SES4-808 (4W) and SES8-808 (8W) in "Submount" package ( perhaps RPC clone... )
    On your 2W ( V-Fold Cavity ) the SHG seems to be unaligned on the axis End mirror/OC mirror.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9499.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	993.2 KB 
ID:	45974

Black line seem to be the actual SHG axis, red line path of 808/1064nm, yellow line path of 1064/532nm in normal contition.
    Sorry, i have not the good tools on this computer for drawing...
    Viasho head in V are very difficult to realign, sometimes just a screw not tightened. We must control the whole without forcing

Good luck.
    Regards, Christophe.

thanks! the projector that one was in fell, the beam was coming out a lil sideways. Are there any polarizing elements I need to worry about? Can mode hopping occur in the Yag or KTP? or just in the diode?

Hi, and sorry for delay...
    First, measure diode. At 4.8A you can have 4,5W or more of 808nm. The first crystal is not YAG, it's an ND:YVO4. Verify all screw in all parts...
    Regards.

JE SUIS CHARLIE